Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On page 15 of the dealers "Detail Book" it states " An available premium headliner offers increased noise dampening (Fall '05)." Does anyone know if this is a totally different top or is it an add on to the existing top?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's a liner that goes on the inside of existing top. Is there a price?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fall '05 prolly means 4/15/06 :lol: so expect pricing about next March :devil:

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think there will be a decent market for this. I've been noticing a lot of folks driving their convertibles with the top up this year.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Great news for me if it's not too expensive. Been trying to figure out how it could be engineered. Hope it's a Do It Yourself and not a major hassle installation.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It is interesting in the new 40 page dealer brochure it states the Haartz top has a headliner in it. Yet the pics I have seen of the Sol interior with the top up shows the folding mechanisms!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
It is interesting in the new 40 page dealer brochure it states the Haartz top has a headliner in it. Yet the pics I have seen of the Sol interior with the top up shows the folding mechanisms!
Sounds like the brochure is wrong. There is no headliner from the factory. Just the add-on accessory that will be available! (Which is a great add on feature too!)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Sounds like the brochure is wrong. There is no headliner from the factory. Just the add-on accessory that will be available! (Which is a great add on feature too!)
Here is the quote from page #4. "Opening Ceremony"
Weatherproofed and stitched with a headliner and inset back glass, Solstice's premium Haartz canvas roof serves as a centerpiece in the relationship of driver to roadster!

·
Registered
535 Posts
rlhammon said:
I thought about this upon watching the DVD and flipping through the details book as well. Maybe the original intent was to include the headliner standard, and since then it's become an option?
Could be but they should really not keep advertising that!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
rlhammon said:
I thought about this upon watching the DVD and flipping through the details book as well. Maybe the original intent was to include the headliner standard, and since then it's become an option?
Could be. Anything they couldn't get done on time probably got left out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Detroit 8/5/2005

One of the cars on display had a top that appeared to have the headliner. When I asked the Pontiac rep. if it was a dealer installable item, he said that he thought it would not be. If others were in Detroit, it was the car on the patio to the far right when facing the river.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
In some of the early pics Excelsior posted it looks like the inside of the top is lined with a layer of foam or something that looks like foam. Maybe if he cathes wind of this he can elaberate.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
I thought I had read somewhere on the forum that the reason why OnStar was held up until the fall was to wait for the headliner to dampen the noise to allow the pillar mic to pickup better. Was this just a joke or a statement. I thought that was why the Sky was coming out next year because it comes standard with OnStar so it must come standard with a liner. Right?

Trux

Here's the thread: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4255&page=2&pp=15&highlight=onstar

·
Registered
276 Posts
Any word on price options and retro install on Headliner?

Has anyone seen a Price option on the headliner or whether the headliner will be able to be installed in the Solstice being ordered a made this year?

I went on the GMbuyer site and saw no option for a headliner. There's an option for the Onstar, but you can't activate it apparently.

Smalldealer, what's the word?

Trux

·
Registered
182 Posts
trux said:
I thought I had read somewhere on the forum that the reason why OnStar was held up until the fall was to wait for the headliner to dampen the noise to allow the pillar mic to pickup better. Was this just a joke or a statement. I thought that was why the Sky was coming out next year because it comes standard with OnStar so it must come standard with a liner. Right?

Trux

Here's the thread: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4255&page=2&pp=15&highlight=onstar
Maybe they will really screw us and only stick it in the onstar cars

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Headliner is Standard now?

I was just looking at the latest update on the Pontiac site. One of the markteting blurbs talks about the Hartz top WITH a stitched headliner.... Was this the reason the cars were recalled?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts