Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks. Noob here. I have not decided whether I want a Solstice or SKY yet but one thing that I keep thinking about is Saturn's fixed price policy. No Saturn dealer is going to mark up a Saturn SKY because they can't. I am hoping that this is acting as a mark-up deterant to the Pontiac dealers who might otherwise jack up the price on the Solstice, since these cars are so similiar that a Pontiac mark-up might send the buyer to a Saturn dealer instead.

So to those that have order and have their price in writing, what did you pay? Was it just MSRP? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Saturn Sky has a higher base price as many items are standard. It all depends on what you want though, if you were going to get loaded, it will not matter a bit.

I paid between invoice and msrp for my loaded Solstice, but I had a $2k deposit down in February.

It seems that most are paying MSRP, I have not heard of anyone paying over yet, except for e-bay first 1000 car. The only drawback for a Solstice it seems is the waiting list, something that going to Saturn will not solve, by the time you can get a Sky; you should be getting your Solstice.

So, decide which one you HAVE to get, that you CANNOT live without. They are different enough that everyone has a favorite, get your favorite.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I hand wrote on some of the paperwork, "Buyers agrees to pay no more than MSRP + TT&L", because I ordered it before actual pricing had been announced. Had to argue hard for that. Left a check for $1000 in March that they still haven't cashed. Won't really know how much my car actually costs till it's on the truck. Then it might be Round II of price negotiations. :willy:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Pontiac has advised dealers to charge MSRP. The honest dealers will follow that advise.
Yeah, that's what has me worried!

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I Found Out Thursday That I Moved Up To A Car With A Production Code Of 3000 Because Of Someone Else's Misfortune I Asked If I Would Still Get My G.m. Employee Discount. My Dealer Insisted Yes And Said He Could Be Fined By Gm If He Even Charged Me The Dealer Fee! Hope That Holds True!

·
Registered
460 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
Pontiac has advised dealers to charge MSRP. The honest dealers will follow that advise.
Well here in the burbs of the Big Apple LOL I'm told I got a deal paying $750.00 over msrp, as the other first alocations sold for $1,000-$3,000 over . At this point just glad I got my vom april 18th :willy: code 3100

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
CloakedKnight said:
No Saturn dealer is going to mark up a Saturn SKY because they can't.
Actually...

From talking to many members on the SkyRoadster.com forums apparently the idea of having a car people actually feel pasionate about and really want to buy is going to the dealers heads. Apparently some of them have already hinted at the car possibly having mark ups due to demand. It's a shame.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just becaue a Saturn dealer is "non negotiable" doesnt mean it wont be over sticker with an "A.M.V." (adjusted market value) sticker, or other non essential add ons or dealer prep fees that will still take you over sticker. It just means you dont have to negotiate for the privilige to pay thoe extras...hahaha

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to my dealer, I'm the only buyer in their allocation of four that didn't pay over MSRP. I had to remind them that this isn't a vette, it's just a $20k car! (well, $25k after options, tax, and fees)

·
Registered
64 Posts
CloakedKnight said:
Hi folks. Noob here. I have not decided whether I want a Solstice or SKY yet but one thing that I keep thinking about is Saturn's fixed price policy. No Saturn dealer is going to mark up a Saturn SKY because they can't. I am hoping that this is acting as a mark-up deterant to the Pontiac dealers who might otherwise jack up the price on the Solstice, since these cars are so similiar that a Pontiac mark-up might send the buyer to a Saturn dealer instead.

So to those that have order and have their price in writing, what did you pay? Was it just MSRP? Thanks in advance for the info.
I have talked to 2 Denver Dealers and they told me MSRP + 5K.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a verbal agreement with my dealer that the vehicle will be priced at MSRP + TT&L. However, I have it in writing that I can get my deposit back if I decide to back out at any time. That way if I get the car and he starts adding on all sorts of extra charges I can just walk out. It'd be hard to pass up the Solstice, but I'm not getting boned because I want a nice car at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have MRSP written as a price quote, which I accepted and signed.

But like any car deal, if you are trading in, watch the price of the trade-in offer. Some dealers will low-ball the trade-in, and use the expected profit on the re-sale of your old car to cover no mark-up over MRSP. KNOW what your old car is worth!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
verbal agreement, msrp, no more, no less. since my sales guy is a good friend's brother i don't think he'll try and jerk me around..

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I know my price really doesn't count, due to being a special order. :rolleyes: I know we have done this before, but it is one of the few good things to happen here .... so here it goes.

$22,253.50 (fully loaded) :yesnod: :D

However, most of you will receive your Sol loooooong before me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts