Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone clue me in on what the difference was between the price of the OEM polished wheels vs. the chrome wheels as a dealer upgrade? As always, thanks men and ladies.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I'll tell you why I'm asking. I am negotiating to sell my 2008 base. It has chrome wheels, which I just yesterday (before the potential buyer surfaced) made an appointment at Mr. Tire to have swapped with the polished wheels on my GXP Coupe. The prospective buyer has whittled down my asking price on the NA by $600, so I would like to keep the chrome wheels and give him the polished ones. I just want to know the value of the chrome vs. polished so I know if it's worth haggling over. My strong personal preference is to keep the chrome wheels, but I don't know if it's worth losing the sale over.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My insurance had to replace on of my polished wheels back in 08.
At that time as a one wheel sale the polished was more than the chrome.
Over the years I have collected a set of each, painted, polished and chrome. Keep your eyes open on here. someone is always selling wheels.
Don"t blow the sale over a set of rims.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My insurance had to replace on of my polished wheels back in 08.
At that time as a one wheel sale the polished was more than the chrome.
Over the years I have collected a set of each, painted, polished and chrome. Keep your eyes open on here. someone is always selling wheels.
Don"t blow the sale over a set of rims.
That's interesting that the polished rims were more expensive, although on the other hand, it would make sense that the more expensive wheels would go on a GXP. Logic, however, rarely prevails in the world of car sales. Thanks for your reply and advice.

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
If you live in an area that uses salt in winter, you are better off with polished than chrome!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you live in an area that uses salt in winer, you are better off with polished than chrome!
Yes, I do. That's a good point. Two years ago, we had 63" of snow over a 4-day period.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Just wondering who drives these cars in bad weather ie: snow I live in the Cleveland Ohio area and my car goes in the barn first week of November and comes out in May after they fix all the chuckholes in the roads hopefully. I have a lease car I drive in the winter as the salt up here destroys cars.I also have an older Silverado(98) 4x4 that only goes out when the roads are dry and people can't get over how nice the truck looks but I have had to replace all the lines and gas tank due to the crap they use here.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just wondering who drives these cars in bad weather ie: snow
I didn't drive it. My DD is a '01 Celica. But, the '09 Sol did get totally covered by the 5'3" blizzard Wednesday-Saturday. So, the snow did touch the wheels, even though the car didn't move an inch. And, of course the mental wizards who run my apartment complex are sure to get plenty of salt on the wheels with the salt spreaders. It definitely would be in my garage, if I had one. I could only find one garage to rent, and I used it for my '66 GTO.

BLIZZARD -- DAY 1

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Been there done that I do know that they have some really good car covers out there. I have a California Car Cover on mine they are a custom fit ie: the mirrors and a hole for the antenna really well made and will cover your wheels I have been dealing with these folks for years and they have a good product.Hope this helps

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Been there done that I do know that they have some really good car covers out there. I have a California Car Cover on mine they are a custom fit ie: the mirrors and a hole for the antenna really well made and will cover your wheels I have been dealing with these folks for years and they have a good product.Hope this helps
I'll definitely check that out. :thumbs: I have had three covers so far, and none of them come close to working. They are all too big, although all the ads swear they will fit our cars. Thanks.

Edit: I checked their website and they have many models and materials. Do you recommend any particular one for year-round, but that is also suitable for the rare weather pictured above.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Decision was made for me. I sold the N/A today and left the chrome wheels on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts