Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked all around the site and couldn't find a post stating a price. Is it still too early to determin a price? Are there any estimates on how much a solstice will be once it goes into production?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Around $20k for the n/a version. The supercharged version that will follow behind it will be in the $25k price range.

Those are prelim numbers and I expect that they will creep a bit higher. Of course, there will be option packages to take it up more also.

All in all it looks like one heck of a deal. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
It does sound like Lutz wants to keep the base price (stripper of course) at under $20k, so I would expect a $19,995 starting price. That would play real well in the media, and in advertising, knowing that most folks will option up anyway to the $23-24k range. Add tax, title, etc, and probably $25k out the door for most.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of course, all of that is initially - eventually dealers will start negotiating prices down, but I expect this to be a hot number - assuming GM doesn't botch the launch, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Solstice have almost Mini residuals initially.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No offense intended to anyone, but at $20,000 they are going to sell this to a lot of teen to twenty something chicks who don't really care about it's sports car capabilities. I hope they don't become the core market. Otherwise GM might not worry as much about making it a "true" sports car.

I want to see a lot of the performance version sell. That will convince them to continue improving the performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ohyeah said:
No offense intended to anyone, but at $20,000 they are going to sell this to a lot of teen to twenty something chicks who don't really care about it's sports car capabilities.
:D I showed the pictures to my sister (twenty-something blonde) and she said "that's cute!".

I fear you may be correct. The last thing we need is for it to get a girlie car reputation like the Miata. Not knocking the Miata, they are great little cars. Just noting that they are considered a bit girlie by many.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some may consider the Miata girly but it's one heck of a sports car. Very basic with great handling for a good price. Put in a turbo and toss on a free flow exhaust and it's anything but girly!

Your point is taken, btw. I guess that I just don't really care what some think. When those teenie boppers grow up and have some money they will drive a Boxster! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.