Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked all around the site and couldn't find a post stating a price. Is it still too early to determin a price? Are there any estimates on how much a solstice will be once it goes into production?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Around $20k for the n/a version. The supercharged version that will follow behind it will be in the $25k price range.

Those are prelim numbers and I expect that they will creep a bit higher. Of course, there will be option packages to take it up more also.

All in all it looks like one heck of a deal. :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
It does sound like Lutz wants to keep the base price (stripper of course) at under $20k, so I would expect a $19,995 starting price. That would play real well in the media, and in advertising, knowing that most folks will option up anyway to the $23-24k range. Add tax, title, etc, and probably $25k out the door for most.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of course, all of that is initially - eventually dealers will start negotiating prices down, but I expect this to be a hot number - assuming GM doesn't botch the launch, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Solstice have almost Mini residuals initially.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can get the supercharged model optioned out for under thirty thousand dollars it is unbeatable IMHO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No offense intended to anyone, but at $20,000 they are going to sell this to a lot of teen to twenty something chicks who don't really care about it's sports car capabilities. I hope they don't become the core market. Otherwise GM might not worry as much about making it a "true" sports car.

I want to see a lot of the performance version sell. That will convince them to continue improving the performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ohyeah said:
No offense intended to anyone, but at $20,000 they are going to sell this to a lot of teen to twenty something chicks who don't really care about it's sports car capabilities.
:D I showed the pictures to my sister (twenty-something blonde) and she said "that's cute!".

I fear you may be correct. The last thing we need is for it to get a girlie car reputation like the Miata. Not knocking the Miata, they are great little cars. Just noting that they are considered a bit girlie by many.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some may consider the Miata girly but it's one heck of a sports car. Very basic with great handling for a good price. Put in a turbo and toss on a free flow exhaust and it's anything but girly!

Your point is taken, btw. I guess that I just don't really care what some think. When those teenie boppers grow up and have some money they will drive a Boxster! :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Miata is considered girlie because guys felt that way and mostly stayed away. If this appeals to men (and it appears that it does) then it won't get that reputation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts