Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought mine from a dealer i do work for. He said he saved me some bucks (don't think so??) however i excited any way. mys w/steel and sand all opions except onstar, people tracking me gives me a creepy feeling. price paid 25,180 before tax. looks like i just have to hold the modle one i just bought. :cool: :party:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Same here
Not all options but most Price Around 22.000-25.000
Dealer can not say for sure .But thinks this will be the price range.
Says delivery SEP-OCT-NOV. First allocation. ??????

·
Registered
118 Posts
dozin said:
Bought mine from a dealer i do work for. He said he saved me some bucks (don't think so??) however i excited any way. mys w/steel and sand all opions except onstar, people tracking me gives me a creepy feeling. price paid 25,180 before tax. looks like i just have to hold the modle one i just bought. :cool:
How did you get prices? My dealer doesnt have prices for the options yet.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Brainfreeze31 said:
Neither does mine. I'm getting an EOP car and really want to get a price locked down in writing, but they still don't have official numbers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
options

My dealer had prices for the options and was able to give me a final total price (excluding tax, tag & title) based on my choices, which was exactly MSRP, no market adjustment. I think a lot of other members have posted the amount they're paying, so I assume your dealer should be able to give you a price...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Dealer went on GMs order site ,Also on MSN ,Click on autos,select New Cars
Put in Pontiac Solstice. Go to options And there you are.
MSRP- Dealers Price

·
Registered
515 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
MSRP- Dealers Price
I have numbers from several online sources, but the dealer says that until they show up in AutoBook, they're not official.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Brainfreeze31 said:
Your dealer's looking in the wrong places then. Because prices have been out since the end of March.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
MSRP- Dealers Price
Thanks-Went there got the prices!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Chris said:
I have numbers from several online sources, but the dealer says that until they show up in AutoBook, they're not official.

We have been through this in a couple other threads. Have your dealer look up the option prices through the website that prices options. Autobook doesn't have them yet, but this website does have them. It is an official GM website not cars.com or anything else.

·
Registered
515 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
We have been through this in a couple other threads. Have your dealer look up the option prices through the website that prices options. Autobook doesn't have them yet, but this website does have them. It is an official GM website not cars.com or anything else.
Any idea what this website is? If my dealer says "I don't know what you're talking about" I would like to be able to throw this back at him.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I ordered mine April 30 in Canada, the dealer built the car with the options on-line (same system one can use on the GM/pontiac website to build a car, but Solstice isn't there yet). I had the total with the options I wanted and said OK based on that price.

They then had to put the order into the GM order system separately from the online tool.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
went to my local dealer on 4/18 not knowing if the first 1,000 were a lottery and perchased one i realy do not know how they came up with a price but i have a confirmed early order how early is early still seems to be anyone guess. i did have to leave a 1,ooo deposit

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks looks like there are no dealers partisapating within 50 miles of Long Island figures. and kelly only has the base model. thanks anyway i happy i got one i think and hope its a deal anyway

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Canadian Pricing (GM Autobook at dealer)

Base Price $25695
Radio w MP3 $260
Radio 6CD/MP3 $755
Polished wheels $720
Leather inc ConPkg $2110
Convenience Pkg $710 (cruise control drivver info centre, fog lights)
PWR Pkg $1040 (pwr windows/door locks, keyless entry mirrors)
Monsoon 7 speaker $185 (requires upgraded radio)
AC $1200
ABS $600
LS Differential $255
Colour-keyed mats $85
Smokers Pkg $35
Onstar $995

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spoke to my dealer

After leaving my dealer a not so nice e-mail they call me this morning to clarify the good deal I was getting do to the fact I do some contractual work for the owner of the dealership. They in fact made it clear that they are selling cars anywhere from 1,000- 3,000 over msrp .. So my deal was that I get there first allocation and I did pay less then they have gotten from others. So look like I got one hot car but no deal. I finally found a site however that you can price with any and all options.
PS I HATE SALESMAN LOVE MY SOLmys loaded no xm or onstar
http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/default.aspx?&c=0&n=3&i=0&tb=0&ph1=t0&ph2=t0&dt=1&v=t100675

PEACE ENJOY RICH

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
diret link to options pricing

dozin said:
After leaving my dealer a not so nice e-mail they call me this morning to clarify the good deal I was getting do to the fact I do some contractual work for the owner of the dealership. They in fact made it clear that they are selling cars anywhere from 1,000- 3,000 over msrp .. So my deal was that I get there first allocation and I did pay less then they have gotten from others. So look like I got one hot car but no deal. I finally found a site however that you can price with any and all options.
PS I HATE SALESMAN LOVE MY SOLmys loaded no xm or onstar
http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/default.aspx?&c=0&n=3&i=0&tb=0&ph1=t0&ph2=t0&dt=1&v=t100675

PEACE ENJOY RICH
http://autos.msn.com/research/autopricer/tool.aspx?ModelID=11605&Model=Solstice&TrimID=100675&Trim=Roadster&Make=Pontiac&Cat=Sports Cars&Year=2006&UTN=0&src=VIP

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I can see a dealer marking up the price of a hot vehicle

WHEN THEY HAVE ONE SITTING THERE.

But just to take an order, I don't think so, I would have walked out the door.

I was lucky walked, into our neighbourhood dealer (largest in the city). They had an allocation of 9 and had sold four, so I am in the middle of the allocation at number five. (I guess tha makes this my Borg car 5 of 9 for all the trekkers out there.)

We ran through the software picking the options I wanted, looked at the total, said that looks about right and placed the order and paid a deposit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts