Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waitng for #93, #116 to arrive in Omaha!!! The dealer got real angery with me yesterday and tolod me that I can't have the car I ordered because it was his!! What an A-hole!! I contacted solstice headquarter today via E-mail and phone. I have talked to my laywer and I'm planning on calling the BBB. Has anybody else had any problems like this???

Tom

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
What does he mean his? Is he planning on not selling it to you? Without you he could not have completed the first 1000 early order program and would have nothing. He can't keep the car, it must be sold to you under the rules of the program.

D**k. A year ago he was probably one of the sales guys saying Solstice, yea I think Toyota sells that, right? :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mceb said:
What does he mean his? Is he planning on not selling it to you? Without you he could not have completed the first 1000 early order program and would have nothing. He can't keep the car, it must be sold to you udner the rules or the program.

D**k. A year ago he was probably one of the sales guys saying Solstice, yea I think Toyota sells that, right? :brentil:
You have a lawyer, maybe you'll end up with your car for free.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
You need to get a status of your order if they plan on selling it to you. They have almost shipped all first 1000 cars so yours could be here next week.

I would march into sales manager or GM office and let them know this guys was rude and thinks he's keeping your car.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You may have better support going through the Pontiac arbitration lawyer. This is a clear cut ruling..this is not his car.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've dealt with dealers that have been great, the best, and I've got stories that would make your skin crawl...I love new cars, it's buying them I hate!

If you're a 1stK buyer this guy has a commitment to you and GM. Seems to me you should go through EOP headquarters and get them involved.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Y.T. said:
Still waitng for #93, #116 to arrive in Omaha!!! The dealer got real angery with me yesterday and tolod me that I can't have the car I ordered because it was his!! What an A-hole!! I contacted solstice headquarter today via E-mail and phone. I have talked to my laywer and I'm planning on calling the BBB. Has anybody else had any problems like this???

Tom

Are you the original "owner" of #93 or #116? If so, it's your car - that's why Pontica has been sending "you" all of the gifts!

Please keep us informed as to what happens. I hoping my car is on the same truck (Newton, IA) - then I should get it just before - PS: My car left the plant yesterday to go to L. Ohio to join all the other cars for the train ride to Chicago. Hopefully will see it soon!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Pterosaur said:
I've dealt with dealers that have been great, the best, and I've got stories that would make your skin crawl...I love new cars, it's buying them I hate!

If you're a 1stK buyer this guy has a commitment to you and GM. Seems to me you should go through EOP headquarters and get them involved.
I'm with ya. Some days I'm not sure I will get one, other days I feel good about it.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Y.T. said:

Tom
The guy is a dork. Go to the owner of the franchise..........

·
Registered
600 Posts
You don't need a nightmare like this after waiting over 5 months now! GM/Pontiac, listen up, help this guy out and whoop some butt in Omaha.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Regardless of position in F1k or allocation, the dealership should always come last. Even the "freebie" that the dealer spouse cruises around in goes out the door when there is money on the table. No dealer could get a F1k for themselves, unless a buyer backs out at the last minute.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!!

Hey thanks for all the support!! I have #93 and I do have a laywer writing a letter. Jim, getting #116, has had the same kind of problems I have had. I tend to be an a**hole when it comes to stuff like this!! We were literally face to face yelling at each other!! He, theGM(I think)ED, told me to take my deposit and leave. I told him I wasn't ask for a deposit, which he replied, "EVEN BETTER,LEAVE". If anyone else can give me any info, PLEASE, let me know!! My e-mail is [email protected] cox.net.

Thanks again
Tom Duncan

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Wow, Tom it sounds worse and worse. You or your counsel needs to contact the Soltice 800 # or Pontiac customer service first thing Monday am and report everything that has been said. This dealer could find your cars being delivered to you by another dealer and he losing future allocations because of it. Early internet sales got a dealer in western NY in trouble enough that the car was/is being delivered not through original dealer. As you have VINs you are certainly "in the system" and should get your cars. You would as I read it not even have to take final possession until 12/15, making the dealer pay more in floor charges in the process.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may just do that!! I have a "72" vette sitting in my garage!! both won't fit in storage, My wife likes her car warm in the winter!!:)
Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The letter I sent to Solstice HQ

To whom it may concern,

I was suppose to get my Solstice today, upon going to the dealer and asking if they had any answers to any of my questions, I was rudely told that I was forfeiting the car to the dealership. The manager, Ed, told me that he did not like me the last time I was in there, and that I had an attitude problem. I am very confident in my manner of speaking, I am a small business owner, and would never think of talking to anyone this way, almost all of my business comes by word of mouth, and I wouldn't have any work if I treated people the way I was treated today. I believe Ed felt threatened when I ask why I wasn't the first person to receive a car from his dealership.

On April 24th, I was the first person at the dealership, and was told by Jimmy Smart, my sales person, that I would be the first to receive one from that dealership. Jimmy has a great attitude, and was willing to joke about the whole situation, he has been very helpful throughout the whole process.

Today when I went to the dealership to check on whether my car was in or not, I was told by Ed,(I think he may be the GM) that now I didn't get the first car from the dealer ship. It went to an ex-employee?? My question is how can an ex-employee qualify like the rest of us that followed the rules and played the game by the rules? Whoever it was, wasn't even there that day when the contest took place. To make the whole situation even more interesting, I was told by someone else at the dealership that the first one went to the owner's son. When I informed Ed that GM employees are not eligible for this program, I got another story and out right anger and rudeness. That's when he told me I was no longer eligible. He realized he backed himself into a corner. I will not bore you with the rest. I wanted you to know how your customers are being treated and that something fishy is going on at Plaze Pontiac in Omaha, Ne. Plus, why or if I was truly deemed ineligible. Can he do that??

I think Pontiac did a great job in rolling this new car out, and I have had a very positive experience with them, and hope I still can get this car. Could someone contact me to give me some answers?, or even that you got this??, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Tom Duncan
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Date should have been 4/15 in order to be one of the F1k wi th those VINs. Are you sure you have been getting the freebies and constant (well continuing) contact from the Solstice hq? If you did not order until 4/24 I seriously doubt it. And even though it would be nice, if the dealer somehow ended up with two cars originally ordered for someone else he is under no obligation to sell it to next on his waiting list. In the rules. However if the dealer used an employee who is now ex to order the cars that might be a little borderline for that part of it. Please verify that you did get a VOM on 4/15 after the first 41 minutes to assure us that you are F1k.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Y.T. said:
Still waitng for #93, #116 to arrive in Omaha!!! The dealer got real angery with me yesterday and tolod me that I can't have the car I ordered because it was his!! What an A-hole!! I contacted solstice headquarter today via E-mail and phone.
Tom
Hi I'm going to have to agree wit Y.T, Ed at Plaza is the least friendly and least helpful person I have ever seen working at a delership. I was treated nicely only on day one when I put down my cash. After that, I was treated, by Ed, as a nuiscense. I would chalange him when they told me things I knew to be lies but fell short of calling them on it (cause you could tell it would just lead to a flat out verbal fist fight like Y.T had). He would tell me. They havent even started building them yet (1 August). We don't have your vin and won't know anything till it gets here (I already had my vin). just a couple days ago "we don't have an invoice" and when I asked for a price list so I could do it myself: "we can't even get a list of prices on options." I went to Kelly's and got the info. I also heard several stories on the mysterious 3rd car: "It went to a guy that came in after you all left (after 3pm CT)" ,,, A guy called in this morning with his order. That car is #77 which, along with our cars are listed in autotraders.com for sell from PLaza

·
Registered
976 Posts
You guys both need to act quickly here. Send me you vom# or your VIN's and I will check and see if your names are associated with the car. You can then use that information to call GM before your car is sold to the highest bidder. I am sure GM would want to know about this, if both your cars are first 1000 cars, and he is refusing delivery to you. The way I understand this promotion, the vehicle isn't the dealers. As long as you are still willing to purchase the car at MSRP as stated in the rules, they have to sell it to you. Not strongly suggested, have to.......Please anybody, correct me if I read this portion ofthe rules wrong, I wasn't planning on needing to know that part....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts