Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I try and log on at at my office with by home password is doesn't work. So, I even set up a seperate identity (PAS23) and it still won't log on! Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is the error you are getting?

Did you try logging out at home and logging in to be sure that works?

Did you verify that the caps key is not on and you are typing it in with the exact capitalization? ie PAS22, not pas22

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Troy Roberts said:
What is the error you are getting?

Did you try logging out at home and logging in to be sure that works?

Did you verify that the caps key is not on and you are typing it in with the exact capitalization? ie PAS22, not pas22

Logging on at home has never been an issue. When I try to log on at the office, using PAS22 and my password, the forumn issues a message screen that I need to log in. (I will have to get exactly what it says). When I set up a seperate identity and password at from my office the same screen still comes up. It doesn't matter where I attempt to log in it just keeps tripping back to the same message screen. I'm perplexed.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
PAS22 said:
Logging on at home has never been an issue. When I try to log on at the office, using PAS22 and my password, the forumn issues a message screen that I need to log in. (I will have to get exactly what it says). When I set up a seperate identity and password at from my office the same screen still comes up. It doesn't matter where I attempt to log in it just keeps tripping back to the same message screen. I'm perplexed.
Check to make sure cookies are enabled and permitted for this website. If the website can't set the logon cookie when you try to logon it'll never think you've actually signed in. However you might not be able to set this depending on how strict the IT people at your place have locked down settings.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll turn it over to the cookie department. I thought it was something internal.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I reset some of my internet profiles and like magic I can log on from my office PC! (Wonder what else I messed up in the process!)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
PAS22 said:
Hey I reset some of my internet profiles and like magic I can log on from my office PC! (Wonder what else I messed up in the process!)
Yeah sounds like you had some sort of cookie issue then. Since reseting your profile will also set the cookie settings to default I believe.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
brentil said:
Yeah sounds like you had some sort of cookie issue then. Since reseting your profile will also set the cookie settings to default I believe.
I think I defaulted all the internet settings, which I will have to watch closely because of our networking firewall issues.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Troy, 200,000+ posts? Doesn't leave much time for...... ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts