Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased charge tubes, air intake hose, and throttle body elbow and am installing today. Since it's Sunday and ddm is closed I was hoping to get some help here. GXP is my daily driver so I have to have this back together for tomorrow morning.

I have stock intercooler.

I installed the throttle body elbow and it seems to fit well with the stock charge tube, however the new driver's side charge tube hits the hood so badly it doesn't shut all the way. The mounting bracket that is supposed to get reused (the one closer to the engine) isn't even close to the welded plate it's supposed to bolt to. It's probably an inch too low compared to the pipes bracket. I've taken the new tube and throttle body elbow off and refitted them a half dozen times and in different ways (tried connecting tube to tb elbow first and then into the stock ic hose, and also vice-versa) but nothing changes. I've left the tb elbow and ic hose clamps lose and fitted the tube in place before tightening the clamps down, but it doesn't seem to line up correctly and the tb elbow will not seat flush to the tb at all. I haven't attempted the passenger charge tube yet.

is there a trick getting this lined up and low enough that I haven't seen?

my next issue is connecting what I believe is the bleeder hose to the new air intake hose. The oem plastic hose has a plastic nipple that fits into the black plastic connector, but the new ddm hose has a silicone nipple that's too large for the connector. On the website the air intake hose has pictured and is described as having a metal nipple for the plastic connector, but mine is all molded silicone. see picture below.

is my air intake hose missing a metal nipple piece?

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts

You are missing the metal nipple. But the nipple does not have what I would call a good fit. It works as is but when I put a catch can in it will require some more work.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You are missing the metal nipple. But the nipple does not have what I would call a good fit. It works as is but when I put a catch can in it will require some more work.
thanks for verification.

·
Premium Member
10,297 Posts
To take care of your fitting problem take the four bolts from your drivers side head lights and disconnect it. Now that the head light is not there you can work in adjusting the charge tube.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I can tell you from my experience, the driver's side tube is built about 1/2" too tall. Mine to this day still rubs on the hood. It has completely rubbed the paint off of the tube. You just pull out the driver's headlight (4 screws) and twist the tube toward the motor. You should be able to get the hood closed at least. I gave up after 4 hours of trying to twist, push and pull.....

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
Hello Somnambulator,

Hopefully you did receive our email this morning and we should get you taken care of.

- Ghost - Did you get the new silicone pieces with your order of charge tubes? The charge tubes will clear the hood easily with the correct silicone installed with them, let me know if you have the silicone, if not we can get you a set as there is no reason that your charge tubes should be touching the hood.

Thanks,
DAve

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem with getting the bleeder hose to connect to the metal tube. The plastic won't fit over the metal tube sticking out of the intake charge tube.

·
Vendor
1,388 Posts
I have the same problem with getting the bleeder hose to connect to the metal tube. The plastic won't fit over the metal tube sticking out of the intake charge tube.
Feel free to give us a call 864-438-4949 or you can reach us on the techline 864-907-6004, we can help get you taken care of.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts