Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting gas into oil, hi all i just bought a 2007 solstice GXP, of coarse i took it to get it serviced. The service company said there was gas in the oil. So i ran the car over and hadcit looked at, the shop found that the mass air flow was plugged up, and entercooler had a hole in it. So they replaced both and said that should solve the problem. I am bery nervous and still feel like i am getting gas into to oil. Has anyone out there had the same issue before?

Here is a thread that has more info

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f5/p0087-p0089-how-replace-high-pressure-fuel-pump-51705/

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Have them pull the high pressure fuel pump. It sits on top of the motor at the rear. I read a thread a month or so ago about a member who had gas in the oil and it was traced back to the HPFP failing and leaking fuel out the bottom end into the oil. It goes without saying change the oil too.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
What the service department said was wrong will NEVER put gas in your oil!!! The IC having a hole in it should set a CEL (check engine light) and so should the Mass Airflow Sensor. If you didn't have a CEL, you didn't have an issue. And certainly having gas in your oil would never be caused by those issues. Follow what Rob said first. If that isn't the issue, you might have compression issues and bad rings. Do you get blue exhaust? Is the car running rough? Is there a CEL on?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Agree with The Ghost I'd have someone look at the injectors have you pulled the dipstick and smelled gas ,does the oil seem diluted to you ? You need to have this looked at soon (I wouldn't be driving the car) because if this is the case you can do some serious damage to the engine .

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Good point Sting_Ya made....DO NOT drive the car if this is happening!!! Bearings will go away with gas on them! Which means you are destroying your turbo!!!! Not too mention your engine. Please, if this is an issue, get it to a reputable repair shop, preferably a GM dealership.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Gas in the oil from HPFP failure is a common problem with the 2.4 in the 2009-2012 Equinox. There is a nice TSB on it. Pretty much same design as the GXP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The IC did have a hole, the injectors were tested, the car runs fine, no codes are present. Scarey thing is gas in rhe oil. Can smell gas, changed it, and am only driving it to figure out problem. The motor does not sputter, does not run hot. I am gonna get it into the dealer Nd see if they can help. Car is nice and in decent shape, would hate to ruin a motor for a dumb problem. Thanks for all rhe replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts