Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I have the following problem:

Driving at medium speed and I have to slow down to reach a junction (for example), I stop accelerating and the car "hooks" or brakes DRASTICALLY ... !!! :surprise:
What may be happening ??

Greetings.

·
Super Moderator
16,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum

You are likely experiencing the transmission control module going into protection mode. This is almost always due to a failing cam position servo. Read the transmission succage thread for more info

Then look at any of several threads on the cam position servo. There are two. They can be bought from Amazon for about $40 for a pair, one intake cam and one exhaust cam servo. They are very easy to change

·
Super Moderator
7,162 Posts
Does this item (from eBay) fit the bill for this application for both intake and exhaust? Are these good for GXP/Redline as well as NA?

For ACDelco GM 213-1690 2006-15 Ecotec Engine Camshaft Cam Position Sensor
Brand New
$10.99
That is the sensor. They do fail on occasion, but the more common problem is with the solenoid.

·
Registered
419 Posts
That is the sensor. They do fail on occasion, but the more common problem is with the solenoid.
It appears you are talking about these two items:

Intake Cam Position Actuator CVT Solenoid GM 2.0L 2.2L 2.4L 917-215 AND Camshaft Cam Exhaust Position Actuator CVT Solenoid Fit GM 2.0L 2.2L 2.4L 917216. The significant part numbers would be the GM 917215 and GM 917216.

I did see the NA (2.4) and the turbo (2.0) Kappas listed on the parts above, so these units work on both.

With this issue in all appearances happening eventually with our Kappas it would seem to have these on hand would be wise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts