Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Delnari said:
With production schedule to start. Has anybody's production code move past "3000" yet?
Small Dealer posted a communication from GM a while back, that basically said that the production codes for target production week and estimated delivery would not be visible for the initial production start-up. See this link for the complete message, 6-9-05 New Info about Target Production Weeks

So I wouldn't anticipate being able to track the production code changes for the initial production.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Small Dealer said:
...Efective June 1st, we have modified existing VOM processes to establish more realistic expectations regarding launch vehicle production and actual delivery to dealer. We have discontinued VOM publication of target production date and estimated delivery date during start of production while maintaining other event codes for order tracking.

Seems like they're saying they will still show the 3100, 3400 etc. codes, just not the actual target dates??

·
5,641 Posts
hyzer said:
Seems like they're saying they will still show the 3100, 3400 etc. codes, just not the actual target dates??

That is what I thought the bulletin said.

But no one (like Crimson Avenger, Delnari, or ateam77) has posted anything about their orders coming off of event code 3000.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My dealer never tells me anything I always have to ask and I have a request in for them to check and I will go by the dealer tomorrow to see.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ateam_77 said:
My dealer never tells me anything I always have to ask and I have a request in for them to check and I will go by the dealer tomorrow to see.
My dealers been the same way pretty much till I got a call the week my car was goign to be pulled. I thought it was a great touch for them to call and make sure I had my options decided before it got pulled into the system. I haven't heard a thing since then of course though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My code has been upgraded to a 3100- available to sequence whatever that means. I got a 3 page print out from my dealer of all activity on my order from the start and there is a TARGET-PRODUCTION-DR AND IT HAS A DATE OF 2005-08-08 IN THE COLUM LISTED AS "AFTER VALUE". Can one of the dealers tell us what that means?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I was at the dealer yesterday and we looked up my status ....."3400"....

He looked it up in the decoder book and best guess was that it meant the body was being fabricated. No dates were assigned to 3400 status.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Interesting to me that orders seem to have been picked up, yet my dealer has no
TPW or order status at all.

What system was your dealer looking on? Order Management system?

Just wondering.

Also how large is your dealer?

Seems you had a order time stamp much past mine, yet you seem to be moving.

What color did you order?

Sorry for so many questions, but I certianly am interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Small Dealer said:
That is what I thought the bulletin said.

But no one (like Crimson Avenger, Delnari, or ateam77) has posted anything about their orders coming off of event code 3000.
My dealer shows no codes for me.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I know my order got picked up, I should probably call them and find out if I have a TPW. I've been kinda not wanting to though because I kind of want it to be a suprise. Have my dealer call me up and say "in two weeks you need to come down here to get your car." :thumbs:

·
Registered
936 Posts
shoeman said:
My Dealer gave me the Vehicle Order Detail sheet and it has on it order info. with a TPW:7/25/2005 LOOKS GOOD FOR ME :) :) :) :)
Where do you see that? I have the same sheet and I do see a TARGET PRODN-DR but not a target production week. The date in my target prodn-dr is 2005-08-08 listed in the AFTER VALUE colum. I don't know what that means but don't think it is the production date because many non 1k cars have tpw's earlier than that. From all we know I think all 1k should be built before August barring any problems.

·
Registered
479 Posts
As of 7-13, I am at event code 3400, it had been pulled for production, is now " Broadcast). Also the other guy that got a 1st 1000 before me ( same day) only minutes apart is in the same stage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also 3400, estimated delivery 4-5 weeks

I went to my dealer today, and he checked, and my code is now 3400. Although no dates were available, he looked into other cars in production (and for what it is worth) he noticed cars were completed 3 weeks after the 3400 (broadcast) status, and the cars were delivered approximately 4 weeks after broadcast.

I know the situation may be very different for the Solstice, but just thought I would add this information to the mix of speculation.

·
5,641 Posts
And there are cars that were event code 3400 on Tuesday that are now event code 3100. :willy:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Small Dealer said:
And there are cars that were event code 3400 on Tuesday that are now event code 3100. :willy:
What is the address for the listing of the production codes? What does 3100 and 3400 mean?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts