Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
brian carpenter said:
There was a heading at the bottom of the page at the dealership that said "change history" and he had not gone to that area before. It had all estimated dates for the production and delivery of the car. The August 12 delivery date will be interesting as my wife is leaving for California tomorrow and will return late on the 12th. She told the dealer not to call her on her cell so she will hopefully be surprised when she returns. :cool:
Would that happen to be listed under "production-DR"? I have been wondering what that stands for. I hope it is because i have a date of 8-8-05 in that area.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What I find intersting about this post is that the color RED now seems to be in the mix???

Previous emails have said black,blue, green were the 1st colors.

Sly clearly seems to be taking a back seat right now. What is funny
with this is I am sure this is the most popular color. But this is definitly
the case as my code numbers have been reset on 7/20 (back to 3000)
when I had been 3400 on 7/13.

This does not bother me though as my numbers show you can go from
3000 to 3400 in 1 day.

I hope like everyone else here to get word this week with estimated
production and delivery dates from GM directly!!!! :willy:

Those looking forward to get your cars 8/8 to 8/12 enjoy!!!! :yesnod:

I will be patient now no matter how hard it becomes. I just hope
the one post from a canadian was correct in that the first 1000 need
to be done by sept 12th. But I can't really see it taking that long.

We all may be held up if the car can't pass the 8 min water leak test!!! :devil:

So lets hope this is not an issue and the last hurdle to overcome!!!! :agree:

Later!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer. My production code is now 3400, with an estimated delivery date of the last week in August :cool:

Mysterious, Convenience Pkg, Premium Pkg (Ebony Leather), Power Pkg, Floor Mats, AC, Limited Slip, Polished Aluminum Wheels, Monsoon Speakers, and 6-Disc CD Changer w/MP3 Player

·
Registered
121 Posts
Primus said:
looks like you and I got the same exact car. What's your location?

Upstate NY

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Bought_It said:
What I find intersting about this post is that the color RED now seems to be in the mix???

Previous emails have said black,blue, green were the 1st colors.

Sly clearly seems to be taking a back seat right now. What is funny
with this is I am sure this is the most popular color.

OK ... here's my take on the color situation ...

At some point, I believe ateam_77 mentioned that sequencing was going on for the first 350 cars and they would be black, blue and green. So if the current rate of production is 100/week, which seems reasonable based on what we've seen, those 350 cars should be done sometime during the week of 8/12. Thus, they could begin the production of the other colors in the first 1000. So that would mean there wouldn't be a conflict with the report of a red car scheduled for that week.

As for the reason behind the color selections, I believe they chose the less popular colors (smaller batches) first so that they could get some variety in the colors of the cars on the road. So by the time they have a few hundred cars out there, there will be a few different colors for people to see. If they had started with sly, they would probably have 500 cars out there in only one color and thus, less variety ... just not as visually appealing.

Now obviously, they left white, which seems to be the least popular color by our polls, out of the first group. My thoughts are that may have been purely an aesthetic decision so the first cars are bright and colorful. No offense to those who like the white, but most people just tend to see it as a bit boring for a sports car.

Oh well, those are just some various thoughts about what may have been a factor in the color choices. I'd love to see somebody with actual knowledge of the reasons share with the rest of us. LineDog ... any thoughts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Picked up 7/21

My dealer told me my order was picked up on 7/21, doesn't know VIN yet, but he has been good about talking to me, so I'm sure when he hears something, I'll hear from him.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My code is at 3400. My dealer told me that a VIN number would be assigned when the car is considered in transit (which was confirmed by Pontiac's email today). I guess we will have to wait until August 1 to see who is getting assigned their VIN numbers - as for now, it sounds like nobody should know their number.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Found out I went to code "3400" on 7-12. Gotta be getting close now.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
When you guys get your cars I want to see LOTS AND LOTS OF VIDEO!!!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts