Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

production confirmation from Pontiac

4K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  package 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked with Pontiac Support for Marketing today... was told that the date that they now have for production to start is a confirmed 5-16-2005 and that we should see cars "trickle" out 8-10 weeks after that. They did not have any information to give me on the number or color of cars that will be started first. She said that the response has been high so the production number could change and it may increase.

As soon as production starts the dealers are to get actual color samples and more information. I was told that the promo team is still working on confirming the 1/1000 owners - to make sure that we aren't GM employees.
Also, she confirmed that if someone is not eligible, they are bumping people up that have been "wait listed". Not a lot of news but interesting.

I was told that their next update was to be in two weeks. Do you think that this lines up with the other "stories" that we've been told... or just... TRICKLE TREAT

#2 ·
This appears to be the same outdated inaccurate infomation that is available from Pontiac Product Info's 800 phone number or through Pontiac Customer Assistance with a "contact us" email. In fact in mirrors infomation posted yesterday in the "saw a commercial" thread.

All of those who have these contacts with the "Pontiac Marketing Department", please next time advise them to contact Mr. P. R. Gerosa, General Motors Vice-President & General Manager of Field Sales, Service and Parts. Mr. Gerosa should be aware that the messages he has been sending to the dealers are full of incorrect infomation and require revision. Then they should get in touch with the Solstice Marketing Team and advise them of the actual schedules of the Solstice so that they are informed about what is happening with their car. Because they also have been sending out incorrect infomation to the dealers.

As of now 9:49 ET (The time in New York City on May 4th with the sun over there), I give up.

SOLSTICE PRODUCTION STARTS MAY 16th. CARS WILL BE IN CUSTOMER HANDS NOT LONG AFTER THAT.

(This is nothing against the thread starter.)

Later this week we will need to start a collection for the health and well being of the person who confronts Mr. Gerosa, should they survive the encounter.

:rant:

#3 ·
:willy: Everyone at GM is giving out different information! I wish they could get their facts in order, and either not say anything or hand out reliable information. :brentil: All these "I got the scoop" threads with different dates are very confusing to people.

#4 ·
Here's what I'm doing to fend off the frustration: I have fully embraced the idea that I will not see my Solstice up here in Canada until the snow flies (probably around October November), so anything earlier will be a pleasant surprise... And while part of me really hopes to see that little raodster in my driveway for at least some of the summer, I am very aware that it is a wildly fanciful pipe-dream.

As my old grandmother used to say, "yer gonna have to wait fer that there Solstice, sonny!" :lol:

#5 ·
Danno said:
Here's what I'm doing to fend off the frustration: I have fully embraced the idea that I will not see my Solstice up here in Canada until the snow flies (probably around October November), so anything earlier will be a pleasant surprise...
I'm wih you on that one Danno. I'm already playing with the idea of a "spur-of-the-moment" winter vacation somewhere in the more Southern climes. I figure whenever my Solstice does arrive, I'll just start driving south until I reach a location with some top-down weather! :cool: :cool: :cool:

#7 ·
I'll be right behind you d, let me know and we'll start a new "Soltrain" departure from NJ. :lol:

#8 ·
What would be cool is if GM gave everyone their VIN #s who were part of the 1st 1000 and the people (like me) who placed an order from the dealers regular allocation. Then gave us a website that we could use the VIN # as a tracking number to see at what stage of the production line it's on. It would make the wait more bearable and we'd get up to date information.

#9 ·
slowandlow said:
what happened the cars will not be out till late fall time?
See this thread in the news section: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2210

As reported by the press, due to some reported fit problems with the top and front fascia, GM has announced they are delaying production. Some of the dealers on this forum have also have confirmed they have been warned of late deliveries, starting after Sept 1.

#11 ·
solli4me said:
I'll be right behind you d, let me know and we'll start a new "Soltrain" departure from NJ. :lol:
Solli4me, you could really be on to something there! The SOOOLLLL TRAIN!!! I can see this happening with groups driving in to a grand Solstice meet. Soltrain East and Soltrain West. Oooo, this could be big (in a few years).

#13 ·
SolsticeWolf said:
You Yankees and Mounties can come down here to Alabama. Even fall or early winter is good convertible weather!! :cool:

SW:
Does that apply to us in 'Nawth 'bama' too? ;)

#15 ·
Someone at Pontiac marketing needs to do some damage controll about delivery dates before we all go crazy. I am now resigned to "it gets here when it gets here", just as long as its before the snow flys or I might just be taking up Solsticewolk's Alabama invite! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

#17 ·
Soldstice 41505 said:
I got an email today from Alison Fritzius at Pontiac. She stated in the email that production will start on May 16, 2005. Cars should arrive at dealers within 6-8 weeks. Has anyone else heard this? Can it be confirmed?
There has been a lot of conflicting information recently. The latest consensus that I have seen is that the May 16 date is old news that is still being passed around by dealers. A later date, May 31, has also been floating around. On top of all that, we also have seen recent news articles stating that there are new delays do to some body and top fitment issues. (See the Solstice in the news" section for links to these articles.)

GM has also warned dealers that deliveries won't be until after September 1.

If there is any new changes or updates to this information, or if May 16 is the go date, I am sure Small Dealer or Cornejo will post about it. Both are dealers, and have been very helpful at keeping us up to date with the latest and correct information!

#18 ·
Adrenaline said:
What would be cool is if GM gave everyone their VIN #s who were part of the 1st 1000 and the people (like me) who placed an order from the dealers regular allocation. Then gave us a website that we could use the VIN # as a tracking number to see at what stage of the production line it's on. It would make the wait more bearable and we'd get up to date information.
:agree: This would make the wait bearable!

#19 ·
PAS22 said:
Someone at Pontiac marketing needs to do some damage controll about delivery dates before we all go crazy. I am now resigned to "it gets here when it gets here", just as long as its before the snow flys or I might just be taking up Solsticewolk's Alabama invite! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Just a thought :glol: If the Sols. do not arrive until winter maybe they will offer a 4 wheel drive version. :eek:

#23 ·
ateam_77 said:
Free Leather Solstice Jacket.
I dont think the "jacket to the people" who are waiting on their cars is that outrageous. It seems the least they can do for all of us trying to get by waiting on the car. It's not like we can ease the tension and go down to a dealer and look at one or drive it. I am with the rest of those who are just trying to put the whole thing out of our mind until some reliable info is released. My dealer told me she isnt concerned about any of the hoopla until they "pickup the orders" to start production, whenever that might be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.