Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recevied a call (back) from the dealer. He said he checked my order status (as I periodically have him do anyway) and it shows a production date of July 18th. He cautioned me, as we all know, that things can change that can effect the build date. This tells me that Pontiac is well on their way to assigning production for the EOP orders at least. If delivered normally after production I can affirm my earlier prediction of an August delivery date. :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
PAS22 said:
I just recevied a call (back) from the dealer. He said he checked my order status (as I periodically have him do anyway) and it shows a production date of July 18th. He cautioned me, as we all know, that things can change that can effect the build date. This tells me that Pontiac is well on their way to assigning production for the EOP orders at least. If delivered normally after production I can affirm my earlier prediction of an August delivery date. :willy:
Awesome news PAS22!!!

Any post EOP people out there can confirm there post EOP orders might have dates assigned to them ornot too?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Will check with my dealer now. Seems you are the 2nd person to have this 7/18 date. The other person said that the Sly cars will be 1st in production.
That they were doing the cars in color batches.

Sounds like its time for me to bug my dealer!!!!!! Can't Wait!!!!!! :willy:

First 1000/Sly/loaded (no XM or onstar, but all the rest).

Thanks for the nice info!!!!

Later! :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dealer caller Thursday said order was "accepted by the factory", and that the order is now a "code 3000"...said the "codes" go from 1100-6000. He stated that ship date is "normally" 30 or so away. But in this case (new start-up, plus July shutdown), he would only say that July is NOT a realistic possibility, August is a maybe, September is a definate possibility... :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be interested as we see more build dates coming in if any are in late June or just sooner than July 18th.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ok now I am getting very anxious, my dealer says mine shows no change not even pulled yet :brentil: . We have a person here that has a 8/8 build date so I would think anyone being built from 7/18 -8/8 would already know. Does anyone have the knowledge of how their build system works? could we still stand a chance of getting a build date before 8/8 the latest date we know of? We are talking a period of three weeks here couldn't they build all 1000 in that time frame?

I was handleing this waiting just fine until I see they are scheduling cars and mine has not changed at all and I bet I am not the only one getting real anxious. :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious, who edited the title of my thread without informing me????

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Sorry, that would be me.

At first I thought this thread was yet another "I talked to someone at <fill in the blank> and they said production for the Solstice at Wilmington starts on <fill in a random date between May 16 and Christmas of 2007>" :lol:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
ateam_77 said:
OK now I am getting very anxious, my dealer says mine shows no change not even pulled yet :brentil:
I was handling this waiting just fine until I see they are scheduling cars and mine has not changed at all and I bet I am not the only one getting real anxious. :willy:
Keep in mind, that because the VOM system is interactive and nearly real time, we're seeing the process of scheduling occurring starting in earnest. There will be fits and starts to that process, but we're still about 1.5 months away from the July 18 date. I would counsel patience. Your schedule will be revealed in the fullness of time, and fretting about it won't change much, really. ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Spoke to my dealer here in Canada yesterday and he says "According to the status sheets everything is still unscheduled ( no schedule ) Going by the GTA GM managers meetings Scheduling for initial production is July 11 2005. These are all for Canada and are all exactly the same. ( 1 per dealer) Sold orders and dealer stock are scheduled after that but no scheduled date as of yet."

·
Registered
54 Posts
Spoke to my dealer 5-31 and he said that I was coded "3000" on 5-26.
3000 means accepted by production control.
3100 means available to be sequenced.
3300 means scheduled for production and they also have a term TPW which means
"Tentative Production Week" always on a monday , example 7-18 or 8-8 both mondays
3400 broadcast.
4000 available to ship
4200 shipped
5000 at dealer

·
Registered
228 Posts
PAS22 said:
Well that all but assures I am out of the solstice running. :brentil: If eop guys are talking about july production dates that surely leaves me production date into late august or even october.

Ah well looks like gm fumbled the ball on it for me :( Maybe ill give the girlie my truck in a couple of year or 2 and go get my FI baby :yesnod:

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
No joy yet...

I just called my dealer . Sales manager said as of right now not only mine but none of his Solstice orders have been pulled yet. Was placed 4/16/05 around 5:30 pm CST. He said he would notify me of any change. I feel left out!
:willy: :( :leaving:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SolsticeWolf said:
I just called my dealer . Sales manager said as of right now not only mine but none of his Solstice orders have been pulled yet. Was placed 4/16/05 around 5:30 pm CST. He said he would notify me of any change. I feel left out!
:willy: :( :leaving:
Maybe this is mostly the first 1000 orders getting pulled first.

·
Registered
479 Posts
dealer bs

PAS22 said:
I spoke with the business manager at my dealership today, she assured me there is no target date for the production for my SOL. She stated that GM has given specific direction to tell customers that the SOLs will not be arriving prior to Oct. She was sorry that she could not give me more positive news, but until GM changed there message to her, she would not give out a message to appease me only to let me down later. Other than that, news coming from GM has not been forthcoming and she would keep me updated. She did have on file the email that was sent out to her 2 1st 1k customers. That was all the news she had! So my take is we will wait until OCT. and I'm O.K. with that, there wil be plenty of summers to drive with the top down, I just want them to get it right so I don't have to take it back for callbacks, only normal maintenance. Hang in there all :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
del_utz said:
I spoke with the business manager at my dealership today, she assured me there is no target date for the production for my SOL. She stated that GM has given specific direction to tell customers that the SOLs will not be arriving prior to Oct. She was sorry that she could not give me more positive news, but until GM changed there message to her, she would not give out a message to appease me only to let me down later. Other than that, news coming from GM has not been forthcoming and she would keep me updated. She did have on file the email that was sent out to her 2 1st 1k customers. That was all the news she had! So my take is we will wait until OCT. and I'm O.K. with that, there wil be plenty of summers to drive with the top down, I just want them to get it right so I don't have to take it back for callbacks, only normal maintenance. Hang in there all :cool:

Were you an EOP order or first four month allocation? GM should be well along the way to assigning production dates to EOP cars. Suggest checking back with your dealer in a few days and have them check your order status agains. As HYPUR said there are several steps to the process.

·
Registered
479 Posts
PAS22 said:
Were you an EOP order or first four month allocation? GM should be well along the way to assigning production dates to EOP cars. Suggest checking back with your dealer in a few days and have them check your order status agains. As HYPUR said there are several steps to the process.[/QUOTE

I'm EOP 1st 1k, the business manager checked for me today 5-31, she stated " no satus as yet, and wouldn't be looking for the car before Oct.. I live in Delaware about 100 miles from the plant, I'd go pick it up if they would let me. :crazy:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I also called my dealer today and my order has been pulled but not date. I asked why are some non EOP cars getting dates and I don't have one. The dealer called the HQ and was told no cars are given dates yet and no non EOP car will be built before all EOP cars are built. The one good bit of news is that the dealer was told that all EOP orders would be built in a 2 week period in July. This I consider to be reliable since it came from the Solstice HQ and goes along with what we are seeing with those that have dates. So I am expecting my car in August. However if that dosen't happen I will just continue to wait but I am hopeful.

·
Registered
479 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I also called my dealer today and my order has been pulled but not date. I asked why are some non EOP cars getting dates and I don't have one. The dealer called the HQ and was told no cars are given dates yet and no non EOP car will be built before all EOP cars are built. The one good bit of news is that the dealer was told that all EOP orders would be built in a 2 week period in July. This I consider to be reliable since it came from the Solstice HQ and goes along with what we are seeing with those that have dates. So I am expecting my car in August. However if that dosen't happen I will just continue to wait but I am hopeful.
ATEAM, If I understand what your dealer told you, then I guess it would be safe to assume all of the 1st 1000 will have our cars no later than Sept.? That would be great news. I'll give my dealer a few more days and check back with them to see if they have any further updates. Unfortunately I am not getting any info. like you and several others on the forum, hope you guys are right!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.