Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got picked up for production 3000 oct 21, how long will it take to get a build date for the solstice?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
Got picked up for production 3000 oct 21, how long will it take to get a build date for the solstice?
Sometimes it can go to 3400 in days. Hope it works out this way for you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just by looking at other members order histories, I've seen an average of 3 or 4 weeks between 3000 and 3400. Mine went 3000 on the 13th of Oct., so I'm hoping it won't be much longer.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonder if I will get my car shipped by christmas, GM will go down third week of dec for christmas break till jan 2

·
Registered
905 Posts
6 weeks for me, but then you've got the next stage of waiting for it be shipped (currently I'm at a 1.5 weeks) :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
In my opinion there is no real normal days or weeks. I was at 3000 since 8/16
and just moved to 3400 on 10/19. I have also discussed with others on this forum and they also experienced the same situation.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
mine went from 3300 to 3400 to 3800 in a matter of a single day.

·
Registered
79 Posts
$37,256.55 ??

OMG Dylan.....no offence but what up with $37,256.55 is this a misprint?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Canadian funds...I ordered same but think it was a little more (don't remember exact amt), did you order the mats and polished rims?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh Man, ok I got it, I thought Dylan bought his car at gun point. Now I feel a little stupid.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
ARKTEK: typical American attitude! We (and I include myself, of course) think that the world revolves around us. Well, it does, but besides that, ....

The story of the Ugly American, visiting a foreign country, maybe in South America. He's upset because he's trying to make a business transaction, and the native speaks poor English. He's quite upset and finally blurts out:

What's the matter with you people? We have SIX YEAR OLD children in my country who can speak better English than you people!

Well, I thought $37,000 sounded pretty expensive too! Natural reaction.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Then there was the time Lyndon Baines Johnson was visiting Mexico. The President of Mexico picks him up at the airport in the limousine, they're riding back to the palace.

Along the way are a bunch of Mexican protestors who dislike American politics. They're holding up signs saying "Yanqui Go Home."

The Mexican President says: Oh, I'm so sorry, Senor Presidente, for what these people are saying.

President Johnson says: Oh, that's ok, we say the same thing in Texas!

:leaving:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Automatic Tranny Solstice

My dealer (big St. Louis dealer; lots of clout) told me, if I ordered the Solstice with automatic today, it would not be delivered until late May, early June.
It's making me think my wife can either learn to drive a stick or plan on NEVER driving MY car. ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
autoengr said:
My dealer (big St. Louis dealer; lots of clout) told me, if I ordered the Solstice with automatic today, it would not be delivered until late May, early June.
It's making me think my wife can either learn to drive a stick or plan on NEVER driving MY car. ;)
:agree: My husband is going to teach me in the spring when I can drive.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
deluke said: "My husband is going to teach me in the spring when I can drive."

That makes you sound like you're sugar-sweet fifteen again. :)

Hope your shoulder heals REAL fast! :grouphug: from all of us!

Thanks gizmo.

·
Registered
201 Posts
buckeyewilky said:
I was at 3000 since 8/16
and just moved to 3400 on 10/19.
Hey, I went to 3400 on 10/19 also! We might be VIN brothers...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts