Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Automotive news indicates only 229 Solsti were produced this week. This is down from 319 units produced last week. I would imagine this might be a result of all of the rework that line workers were doing to previously produced cars. Perhaps GMLineDog can confirm this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sounds likely, I guess we'll have to wait for the official word though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
At that rate they will be hard pressed to get 20,000 built for the 2006 model year. Next weeks production will probably be down too because of the holiday.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Numbers

From Pontiac HQ. "I have a new list this afternoon and still no VIN# yet. They are up to 820 in production. Next week should be it". The VIN she refers to is mine.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually another 229 built with what they had made already sounds like about exactly 1000 cars give or take some canucks. :D

Maybe they're haulting between EOP and the rest of the cars to go over the process to make sure it's working ok. Or they all took an early holiday. :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
GMLINEDOG was on vacation this week.....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
brentil said:
Actually another 229 built with what they had made already sounds like about exactly 1000 cars give or take some canucks. :D

Maybe they're haulting between EOP and the rest of the cars to go over the process to make sure it's working ok. Or they all took an early holiday. :D
It's actually 1129 cars since start of production of first 1000.
2 nd week of july check the threads someones keep track of the weeks.

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Guys be careful asking LineDog specifics about production. He can get in trouble for posting details on the web.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mceb said:
Guys be careful asking LineDog specifics about production. He can get in trouble for posting details on the web.
Umm, he doesn't have to answer :D
No, I agree, because sometimes when we are asked questions we answer without giving it the proper consideration that we should. And he has been such a good contributor here that we don't want to get him into any trouble!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
ojohnson said:
Automotive news indicates only 229 Solsti were produced this week. This is down from 319 units produced last week. I would imagine this might be a result of all of the rework that line workers were doing to previously produced cars. Perhaps GMLineDog can confirm this.
I don't think the Plant ran production on Friday as GM gets a 4 day weekend this weekend. That might just be for Canada though.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
birdliver said:
Was wondering why he hasn't been heard from! Too quiet without his usual contributions.
Maybe he said too much already?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sol Survivor said:
GMLINEDOG was on vacation this week.....
Well at least we know why there was such a large drop in production! :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Aww...

Gmlinedog said:
Since I was off this week I didnt think there was much i could offer. They worked Friday, off monday.
Your insight and info is always appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SCISOLSTICE said:
From Pontiac HQ. "I have a new list this afternoon and still no VIN# yet. They are up to 820 in production. Next week should be it". The VIN she refers to is mine.

They are past 820 one our forum members have 832 I think they got told this thursday. I'm sure there are alot of vins made on thursday and friday but people were not told yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts