Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just took delivery on 509 in West Michigan on Friday Sept. 30th. A co-worker order a Non-first 1000, days after I ordered my, Friday she was told GM dropped total production numbers from 15,000+- down to 7000+- for this year. Anyone else hear any news along this same line?

Let me be more specific, I heard 7000 for the total of 2006 production year.

Sly 509

·
Registered
729 Posts
Um......I thought it was always around 7,000 for the rest of this year.

They just made it up to 500+ cars made in a week, so 7,000 would be about right with around 12 or so weeks left.

- bspate -

·
Registered
541 Posts
7,000 for rest of 2005

I talked to my dealer last week and was told GM was only going to produce 7,000 cars by the end of the year, meaning 2005. He didn't know what the total 2006 model year production is supposed to be, but figured I was looking at a March delivery, at the earliest. :(

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Maybe that's why my event code number went from 3100 to 3000. If it continues to reduce I'll be the first one to file a lawsuit.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
This info was posted a long time ago. I think it was to clarify that there wouldn't be 10K produced this calendar year as some were estimating. It is not the total production for the 2006 MY, which will probably be about 18k.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the latest news on total production for 2006 model year????

bspate said:
Um......I thought it was always around 7,000 for the rest of this year.

They just made it up to 500+ cars made in a week, so 7,000 would be about right with around 12 or so weeks left.

- bspate -

·
Registered
350 Posts
solli4me said:
Maybe that's why my event code number went from 3100 to 3000. If it continues to reduce I'll be the first one to file a lawsuit.
What would you sue for...

GM isn't building my car fast enough :cryin:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Well, this is a starting place:

Original post by Small Dealer:
Delivery Date

There has been concern about the "delivered by October 24, 2005" from the EOP infomation. As I have posted it is just a date to provide closure and meet legal requirements. Orders are listed as shipping June/July. Found the following info to give some back ground. We received this about filling out Purchase & Sales Agreements.

"The Attorney General does not require you to fill in the delivery date. Yet, under the Attorney General's regulations, if a delivery date is not filled in, then the vehicle must be delivered within eighht weeks of the contract date unless the delay is beyond the control of you and the manufacturer. (e.g. a labor strike at the manufacturer or a shipping strike would be beyond both your control and the manufacturer's.) If not delivered to the purchaser by then, the purchaser can cancel the contract and receive a full refund.

If a delivery date is stated, however, you are obligated to deliver the motor vehicle to the purchaser by that date unless the delay is beyond the control of you nad the manufacturer. If not delivered to the purchaser by then, the purchaser can cancel the contract and recieve a full refund.

We would advise that you make a specific promise of delivery date only when you know that the vehicle cannot be delivered within eight weeks from the date of the contract. Otherwise, it is in your best interest to leave the box for "Approx Delivery Date" blank.

So, for example, if the motor vehicle is a special ordered vehicle that will take longer than eight weeks to deliver, be sure to fill in the delivery date to protect yourself from cancellation.

If the customer insists on a delivery date as a condition of the transaction, make the delivery date liberal enough so that you can comply. And understand that if you fail to meet the delivery date the customer is free to cancel the transaction."

So in that light, it should be understandable where and why the October 24, 2005 (6 months from the end of the EOP, although we all know the program ends April 15, 2005 at 2:06PM ), is in the rules.

·
Registered
905 Posts
solli4me said:
At least you've been to 3100, hopefully I will in the next couple weeks :)

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
solli4me said:
Well, this is a starting place:

Original post by Small Dealer:
Delivery Date

There has been concern about the "delivered by October 24, 2005" from the EOP infomation. As I have posted it is just a date to provide closure and meet legal requirements. Orders are listed as shipping June/July. Found the following info to give some back ground. We received this about filling out Purchase & Sales Agreements.

"The Attorney General does not require ....................

So in that light, it should be understandable where and why the October 24, 2005 (6 months from the end of the EOP, although we all know the program ends April 15, 2005 at 2:06PM ), is in the rules.
Sue, sue, sue! Sue everybody! :willy:
Sounds like you can get your deposit back. Don't see the grounds for a legitimate lawsuit. Even if you could sue, what would you hope to gain?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
solli4me said:
Solli, just relax. Mine went from 3100 to 3000 and back and forth 5 times before finally making it to 3400.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Maybe I should have posted this in the "Venting" thread (?) :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
safetrex said:
Just took delivery on 509 in West Michigan on Friday Sept. 30th. A co-worker order a Non-first 1000, days after I ordered my, Friday she was told GM dropped total production numbers from 15,000+- down to 7000+- for this year. Anyone else hear any news along this same line?

Let me be more specific, I heard 7000 for the total of 2006 production year.

Sly 509
Just to clarify...

GM has NOT reduced the number of cars it is going to build from 15,000 to 7,000. These are two different numbers that are being confused.

GM has consistently predicted they would build between 7,000 and 9,000 Solstices during the Calender year 2005.

GM recently RAISED the number of 2006 MODEL YEAR Solstices it would build from around 16,000 to 18,000.

Those 7,000 or so to be built this calender year are part of that 18,000 model year production.

Therefore, we can expect about 11,000 more 2006 model year Solstices after Jan 1 to be built, before they change over to 2007 MY Solstices.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Iwant1 said:
Still not enough to cover the 20k or so orders for this year.

Where did you get this number. Last I heard it was 13k. Also, just because dealers take orders doesn't mean that GM has agreed to produce them this model year.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Iwant1 said:
Still not enough to cover the 20k or so orders for this year.
Ah man!! The more I read these forums, the more depressed I get!!

I never thought that I would want a car as much as I want the Solstice, and definitely never thought that I would not be able to get a car that I wanted!!

Knowing that if I go down to a dealer and order one now, there is a chance that I might not get a MY2006, just boggles my mind in this day and age.

You guys think that there is a chance that GM just takes advantage of the crazy hype of this car and just figures out a way to just ramp up production to ridiculous numbers since sales are down on everything else??

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Thanks for the post clarification F88. As always, you're the calm voice of reason...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:
Where did you get this number. Last I heard it was 13k. Also, just because dealers take orders doesn't mean that GM has agreed to produce them this model year.
I've seen a recent figure of 17,000. But who really knows besides GM?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts