Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I just took delivery of number 816 on Monday in Rochester, NY. Aggressive red, chrome wheels, std. engine, automatic, A/C & upgraded stereo. Best of all is that I got the dealer Inventory Closeout incentive pricing!

Anyone know where you can get some thin padded trim to put on the inside side edges of the roof? I've bumped my head twice when turning to look out the window, and if I ever got T-boned the impact would crack my head open. If they're going to bring the roof down that low I can't believe they didn't pad it. The low visibility also takes some getting used to!
Larry
Congratulations!

Do you know if the Coupe was freshly delivered, or had been sitting on the lot for awhile? Freshly delivered means Pontiac is moving Coupes again, and I may see #827 on the West Coast...sometime before Christmas.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
My # 816 was on the dealers lot for about 4 weeks (or about 6 weeks ago counting this past week and the time between my purchase and delivery).

I looked at it shortly after it came in, but was annoyed by the "Customer Appreciation" pricing, where anyone with a GM vehicle could buy it for $2K less than I could - after being a Pontiac owner and GM stockholder for years but presently without a GM vehicle.

I figured it would be long gone, but when I happened to drive past the dealer a few weeks later it was still there, but this time with Inventory Clearance pricing (which was much better than the previous "Customer Appreciation" pricing incentive).

At that point I was hooked. I really wasn't planning on buying a new vehicle, but it was a once in lifetime opportunity for something I had been hoping they would make for a long time.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Coop,

I'm happy to hear you got the car at an excellent price. I did get the Customer Loyalty cash on my Coupe. Which, as you point out, turned out to be not quite as good a deal. Bird in the hand, and all that stuff... ;)

I'm sorry to hear (from my perspective) #816 had been sitting on the lot for a month or so. Near as can tell, it's been about a month since the last Coupe was delivered to a dealer. Grrr....

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I talked with the sales manager when I was picking up the coupe, and he said they tried to order 15 of them in March, but the order was rejected. This was the only one they ever received.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
# 445 is mine :)

#266.....Hendricks was sold on 7-19, but not to ME :(

I did however purchase # 445 from NJ through my local dealer and happy to have a Coupe. :willy: They have not received any new cars on the lot. I got the $2500 Cash Back off sticker. I was told by the dealer in Winston-Salem that they should have their car in this week #837, so don’t give up hope.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
The very last vin of the last solstice to be made. :(

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I'm a little confused. If I read it correctly that's 108138 (?)
So I'm assuming you must mean the Solstice convertible?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,453 Posts
Can anyone break down production figures any further, say, how many '06's were produced in the color Envious? Kevin & Cheryl
Kevin,

I'm sure there's someone who has access to the data locked away within the bowels of the GM archives that might be able to figure it out, but I certainly don't have that access.

Maybe drop a note to MomsSol in PM. I think she knows someone who knows someone, etc. Sometimes she can get an answer on these types of questions, sometimes she doesn't.

Regards to Cheryl.

Dave

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I don't know what we'd do without a Solstice Curmudgeon! I wouldn't ask for a breakdown by color or GXP vs. non, etc. I am interested in how many Solstice Coupe models were produced in total.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't know what we'd do without a Solstice Curmudgeon! I wouldn't ask for a breakdown by color or GXP vs. non, etc. I am interested in how many Solstice Coupe models were produced in total.
Here is the explanation I posted a while back. I cannot edit the post, so I am copying and putting updates in where applicable.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/863991-post15.html

Ok - final numbers are not finished yet. Wilmington has three more weeks of production. [Update: Production completed on the morning of 7/28/09]

The total number of coupes in existence will be somewhere less than about 1300. They are in two distinct groups:

Group 1) consists of cars built as "saleable" before the decision is made to ship to commerce. These get used for media evaluations, Captive Test Fleet (where company assigned drivers evaluate these cars for a number of months and report issues), and other usages for company business. [Update: some number of these batch of cars were legitimately reinvoiced as new vehicles out of the assembly plant and went directly to dealers as new cars]. The production coupe you saw at an autoshow is a saleable car, so is the Wicked GXP Coupe you saw in Motortrend.

My wife's car is from this batch. There are 101 of these cars, built toward the end of the 08 calendar year or so [through approximately March 09]. The VINs for these cars are in the 104000 to 108000 range (my estimate), and are intermixed with VINs for SKYs, Solstices, and Opel GTs.

Group 2) consists of cars built to fill customer retail orders, and released after there is a decision to ship to commerce. These vehicles started with VIN 9Y000001, as there was a decision to start the VIN sequence at 1 for the Coupes. I think VIN 000002 went to Derek D of Fast Lane Daily.

Pontiac Underground | The Official Blog of Pontiac: Derek D of Fast Lane Daily on the Solstice Coupe Assembly Line

This sequence of cars were built starting in approximately mid-late April.

The schedule at this time, always subject to change, is supposed to be up to VIN 9Y001152.

[update: the last Coupe VIN is the next-to-last car built at Wilmington, 1G2MT25X89Y001152]

I am keeping track of this info since my Wife's Wicked Solstice GXP Coupe is looking to be one of less than 1300 cars built for sale. When I find out the final numbers, I will try and post it.

almost 2/3 of the sequential VINs are GXPs/LNF engine when it is all said and done. [Update, of the 1152 sequential VIN Coupes, 780 were GXPs]

Hope you found that helpful. As always, these are approximates and are subject to change, but it is safe to say that less than 1300 cars are currently on the docket for seeing the light of existence.
As I updated, the last Coupe VIN is 1G2MT25X89Y001152, an Aggressive Solstice GXP Coupe, auto trans.

·
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I found out that the VIN sequence ranges for the 101 Saleable coupes built before the sequence numbered Coupes are from

9Y105993
to
9Y107442.

Some of these cars were used for media events, captive test fleet and other testing, and may or were sold as "company used".

Some of the later vehicles in this batch were no-miles, and re-invoiced to dealers and sold as new vehicles.

They were produced in three distinct batches:
Late October, 2008
Mid December, 2008
First half of March, 2009.

It turns out that my wife's Coupe is really the third saleable coupe produced, and the first automatic GXP saleable coupe produced (the two earlier sequence numbers are manual GXP Coupes). It was used in the Captured Test Fleet, and driven by the Coupe Launch Manager at Wilmington.

the breakdown of these 101 vehicles is as follows:

Code:
Coupe Brkdn	|	26% Manual	|	74% Auto	|
================|=======================|=======================|
41% LE5		|	9% LE5/Manual  	|	32% LE5/Auto	|
59% LNF		|	17% LNF/Manual	|	43% LNF/Auto	|

·
Registered
334 Posts
Some more data for 2009 (production, because sales will continue until all vehicles produced are sold)

301 Opel GT (all LNF/Manual)
2 Daewoo G2X (all LNF/Auto)
15 Experimental Coupes (non saleable, VIN ends in "EX")

3551 Solstice Convertibles
Code:
Sol Convertibles|	32.6% Manual	|	67.4% Auto	|
59.9% LE5	|	14.8% LE5/Manual|	45.1% LE5/Auto	|
40.1% LNF	|	17.8% LNF/Manual|	22.2% LNF/Auto	|
4176 SKY
Code:
SKY		|	33.3% Manual	|	66.7% Auto	|
44.9% LE5	|	10.4% LE5/Manual|	34.6% LE5/Auto	|
55.1% LNF	|	22.9% LNF/Manual|	32.2% LNF/Auto	|
that means total of 9282 2009 Kappas Produced.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
So flash...besides engines are the group 1 models different?
Would they have been driven without the odometer hooked up.
I have one of these models I just purchased had 16 miles on it.
I am concerned you say there is a group 1 and 2 just making sure the group 1 is not some type of problem child
Wisc Solstice

·
Registered
260 Posts
Group 2 could have parts that were changed or added from group 1 because they were still being developed. They would not have the odometer unhooked.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Thanks GMlinedog
I just bought a Solstice Coupe in the 107 batch, which according to the info looks like it was Batch 3 in March, so assume it has most of the standard parts and was released for sale to the dealers.
Was looking for the aggresssive coupe, had a dealer friend locate one for me in Louisville which I drove from Wisc to purchase. Did not know about the sequence info until after I purchased two weeks ago. The dealers are not willing to trade even for a like vehicle...
Wisc Solstice

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forum.

I just purchased a Cool Silver GXP Coupe with the turbo, premium package, automatic, 18" chrome wheels, performance audio with monsoon speakers, 6 disc CD changer, and sports pedals on 8/12/2009 for my wife. She has put up with me for 28 years and all my other cars (55 Chevy Bel Air, 70 Nova SS Clone, 64 Ford, 03 Avalanche Z71, 87 Blazer 4x4, & 94 Eagle Talon ). I never really did too much for the past 28 anniversaries, so this year I attempted to make up for that fact with the coupe and a 17 day vacation in Honduras. Stranegly enough, it WORKED ... She is all smiles and grins ...

We live and purchased the coupe here in the Atlanta area, but it wasn't easy. Many of the ones we inquired about before the purchase had dealers wanting quite a bit more than MSRP or the dealers were holding for themselves. Lucky for us we found this coupe at a GREAT dealership who did us right. If I'm doing the VIN sequence correctly ours is #197 of the 1,152. 1,152 is what the GM of the dealership told us was produced in the coupes.

We are waiting for the soft top to arrive and have scheduled some mod's to be installed from a friend with 35+ years with GM. He works at another GM dealership closer to our house and will be installing the GM Performance Parts I would have added if I could have found them on an exsisting coupe or ordered one. We will be adding the Stage 2 Power Kit (19212670), Air Intake (19157849), & Cat Back (19166012) hopfully in the next 10 days. Still undecided about any suspension upgrades (17800834), but I know she is going to order some of the other items tommorrow with my credit card like the console & trunk bags and removable roof bag.

Anyway, it's GREAT to be part of the forum and will post some pictures in the next few days. Ouch, that's a long message when all I was going to write was we have #197 of the 1,152.

41 - 60 of 128 Posts