Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
374 Solstices were produced this week (source: Automotive News). I'm happy, my build code moved to "3400"! :cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Then it seems they are no where near the weekly production goal, assuming there are two shifts.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
That's down from previous weeks. Wonder what slowed production.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep that line movin'

Hope they get back to at least 500 cars produced for next week. Where's our favorite "Online Canine" when we need him. We miss you "LineDog"....:yesnod:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
brentil said:
That's down from previous weeks. Wonder what slowed production.
All of the cars filling the lot waiting to be shipped??? Had no room for more? :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Production might have slowed due to whatever caused this most recent shipment hold. Of course this is all speculation

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
GM LineDog had another week off. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gee if they don't start hitting production numbers soon GM may have to rent a warehouse to store all them tops we are shipping them (120 tops a day).

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Stevie said:
Gee if they don't start hitting production numbers soon GM may have to rent a warehouse to store all them tops we are shipping them (120 tops a day).
Interesting, about the number of Sols at maximum production. So they must anticipate being there soon.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Might have pulled workers off the line to fix whatever was wrong with all those Solstices which were held back.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
ntouched said:
374 Solstices were produced this week (source: Automotive News). I'm happy, my build code moved to "3400"! :cool:
At this rate .... the Sky might become a 2008! ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
At this rate .... the Sky might become a 2008! ;) :lol:
I still don't know if my 2006 Solstice is turning into a 2007.

Just because five times more snowmobiles are sold here than roadsters is no excuss to limit shipments to Canada (it was 80F all last week). :nonod:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I still don't know if my 2006 Solstice is turning into a 2007.

Just because five times more snowmobiles are sold here than roadsters is no excuss to limit shipments to Canada (it was 80F all last week). :nonod:
It might even be faster to be the first on the 07 list. ;) I just wonder if they will push the 07's out sooner next year, but I guess it all depends on how fast they catch up on the 06 MY. Either way, they will eventualy catch up like Miata and the MR2 did.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Two weeks ago they only made 266.
Yeah, I think the high number last week was due to the overtime work on Saturday. Kind of skews the curve a little.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, I think the high number last week was due to the overtime work on Saturday. Kind of skews the curve a little.
If you look at my graph there is a sawtooth effect rather than a steady increase. The total will still be around 7000 if they hit 450 per week soon and stay there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think I can say without fear of contradiction, that the Solstice production line has garnered more interest from those outside the factory than any other production line in automotive history. If we only had a Deep Throat working on the line who could provide timely info, we'd be all set.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
kingarthur said:
I think I can say without fear of contradiction, that the Solstice production line has garnered more interest from those outside the factory than any other production line in automotive history. If we only had a Deep Throat working on the line who could provide timely info, we'd be all set.
:agree:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
kingarthur said:
We did have, his name was GMlinedog but, unfortunately, he has been silenced. :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts