Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer this afternoon, I was thinking of changing from cloth to leather, the dealer told me I could not change at this time. My question is if they haven't started building them yet, why can't you make the change? As far as I know the only event my SOL has had is the 3000 event. Does that lock you into your options? Also, if it is that close to production, is it possible we might start seeing them by August?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
del_utz said:
I called my dealer this afternoon, I was thinking of changing from cloth to leather, the dealer told me I could not change at this time. My question is if they haven't started building them yet, why can't you make the change? As far as I know the only event my SOL has had is the 3000 event. Does that lock you into your options? Also, if it is that close to production, is it possible we might start seeing them by August?
Once your order gets "picked up" [3000 event] and brought into the GM system you can no longer make changes to your order.

Before GM corrected the recent build dates that were showing to some people, supposedly some people had the week of July 18th (a couple even had the week before that) as their build date. Now IF that was still true there could be some cars done by August for sure. However... who knows if GM would start shipping them right away, or wait for a certain number of them to build up. Because as the plant ramps up it's going to take a while to produce even just the first 100 cars let alone the first 1000.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
del_utz said:
My question is if they haven't started building them yet, why can't you make the change?
At some point they need to lock in to get counts of options to pass on to vendors etc. Gotta get the supply chain rolling

·
Registered
905 Posts
leolaw said:
Has anyone heard of an update on the possible July 18 build date?
I think that letter the dealers got last week (or the week before) basically said they weren't going to give out any new dates.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I called the Solstice Program Headquarters earlier this week.
Their phone # was in the packet that was sent out to the first 1000 members, they said no build date as of yet, and the first 1000 allocation has not yet been determined. So even though the first 1000 members know their car is in the first 1000 built, they have not yet determined who gets car no# 1 or who gets car#1000.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think they can't commit to any dates yet until all the issues have been resolved. Stuff will be in flux for a next month or so I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts