Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like people can't even wait to get the car. Ebay has four of them on there already. That really Sucks, I hope Pontiac goes there and cancels their Order. One of them is even a DEALERship

·
Registered
121 Posts
cyberdoc said:
Looks like people can't even wait to get the car. Ebay has four of them on there already. That really Sucks, I hope Pontiac goes there and cancels their Order. One of them is even a DEALERship
You know, I just don't understand this. This is America - it's a capitalist society - it's what we've been built on.

Is it right - no, but it happens. Just ask all of the people who pay top dollar for Superbowl tickets or World Series tickets. Happens every time.

Not sure I see the big deal here - maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The big deal is that GM did this to try to keep this type of thing from happening...and here the profiteers are anyways...It is just that many of the people who truly wanted one didn't get one due to these people. It is just like going to buy your son a bike for Christmas and having to fight some secondhand seller for it...

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
If your not in a hurry let the capitalist buy the first ones and when the sales return to a normal pace you can then get a deal. :cool:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Next, the profiteers will be soliciting EOP buyers directly. Solsticeman, I may consider removing my contact e-mail address if this starts happening!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Primus said:
Honestly though, if I get my solstice and I'm not 100% happy with it then it's going on ebay.
Given all that's happened this view is not unreasonable. I think that if it turned out I didnt want or couldn't keep my EOP car (though very unlikely), I would consider trying to get it a "good home" with an enthusiast if I didnt have to take a loss.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the more gouging that goes on, the more people there will be who will walk away and not come back - so once the initial demand bubble breaks, that will mean lower prices for the rest of us down the road. Let them gouge. The smart dealers are the ones filling their waitlisted order books at MSRP - those are the guys who will be doing very well with this model 12-18 months from now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts