Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Solstice Base Convertible
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find the easiest way to program new remotes.The 2 that came with the car quit working I opened them to change the batteries but the battery holders were missing from both of them battery was just lying inside with a piece of cardboard on top to keep them tight to try to make contact with the circuit board.

I bought 2 new ones off the internet with the same model numbers.I have had previous GM products where you could program by jumping the control box and pressing certain buttons on the remote.Is that possible with the Solstice if so where is the control box located.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Looking to find the easiest way to program new remotes.The 2 that came with the car quit working I opened them to change the batteries but the battery holders were missing from both of them battery was just lying inside with a piece of cardboard on top to keep them tight to try to make contact with the circuit board.

I bought 2 new ones off the internet with the same model numbers.I have had previous GM products where you could program by jumping the control box and pressing certain buttons on the remote.Is that possible with the Solstice if so where is the control box located.

Since you already have the new remotes you might try something I did once with success. Desolder the battery holder from the new remote and solder it into the old remote which is already paired to the car. It works!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts