Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I parked my car for the night. This morning I wake up and the butterfly flaps are up and the trunk is popped! I must have hit the release by accident. Is there a way to make it a "2" press option like all other cars instead of a single press?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
lol! I know the feeling. I have to make a point to take my truck remote out of my pocket when we're camping. Nothing worse than bending down to pick up a log for the fire at 11 p.m. in a nearly silent campground and hitting the panic buttons "just right" to set the horn blaring and lights flashing!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a couple silicon fob covers on ebay only to find out that the trunk button is molded with the symbol and button outline on the cover but it's not cut out for some reason. I thought about cutting it out with an Xact-o knife but was afraid of screwing it up. As it turns out, it works fine pressing through the rubber cover but you have to be pretty deliberate about where you press. It might solve your problem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
lol! I know the feeling. I have to make a point to take my truck remote out of my pocket when we're camping. Nothing worse than bending down to pick up a log for the fire at 11 p.m. in a nearly silent campground and hitting the panic buttons "just right" to set the horn blaring and lights flashing!
That happened to me at a funeral:(
before it began...

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
lol JP - my luck it would happen right as we're asked to "please bow our heads in prayer" . . . .

·
Registered
350 Posts
right....it certainly could have been worse

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I went to a wedding a few years ago and a second after they played here comes the bride, someone's car alarm went off and it stayed on for about 5 minutes. it was parked somewhat far away so it wasn't totally annoying but you could still hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts