Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Solstice owners! A special hello to all the fellow mysterious black solstice forum members. Many of you may have remembered my last red car, RED DEVIL as seen on the speed channel TV show MY RIDE RULES. Well, here is my new project car. A black 08 GXP. My first major mods for show so far are wheels and tires. I went with Enkie 20" rims, LS5. They have the stock offset and fit perfect. No rubbing or anything like that. Car is lowered with SPRINT LINE performance springs. Drop is perfect and ride quality is surprisingly very soft. Not like my last car felt at all using different springs on my RED DEVIL project. Had my local Firestone do the wheel alignment after the install and car handles amazing. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Red Devil - Black Widow - messed up. You're nuckin' futty.

Glad to have you here!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Red Devil - Black Widow - messed up. You're nuckin' futty.

Glad to have you here!
Thanks, I think.;) I just like bad ass names for my cars. I'm totally "normal". :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Looks very nice! I'm surprised, the 20s don't look bad actually. I won't go any bigger than 18" due to the roads around campus I drive on everyday, but they fit your car nicely. I can't wait to get my car lowered after seeing these pictures! I ordered b&g springs yesterday so hopefully I'll have them this week.

Did you have the door handles painted or do it yourself? I need to get rid of the chrome.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you have the door handles painted or do it yourself? I need to get rid of the chrome.
Did it my self last year. Was very easy. Just takes time to mask everything off before painting.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Very Nice. Car looks great.
Rx

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Nice photos! Mysterious Black rules and others drule. If you like the all black look, you might want to think about the black vinyl wrap around the windshield that Tony provides at ASAP Total Imaging and painting the calipers black. The black vinyl wrap around the windsheild is easy to apply and if you don't like it just pull it off. But as it stands now, the car is so black that the silver on the windshield frame tends to stick out as does the calipers IMHO. Oh yes, and you might want to consider tinting the windows black = really cool looking car that would fit the name!

Love the wheels. Are they 9" and is the offset 55 (you mentioned stock offset)? Nice fit and with 5-110 bolt pattern. What tires do you have on them? Wish I could go 20's but they would not last long around here with the plethora of killer pot holes that show up over night.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks good.

What next?
DDM Works back bone, Venom front brace, ZOK4 Sway bars, R1 Cross drilled/slotted rotors with Red Stuff pads.

PHASE 2: RK Sport Body kit, Norm's Fiber Glass Hood and side Fenders.

PHASE 3: SOLO High flow cat and Dual Exhaust. K&N Typhoon CAI, DDM Works charged pipes, New intake manifold, Larger inter-cooler and ECM re-tune.

PHASE 4: Carbon Fiber dash kit, Custom HID headlights, Tinted windows.

Basically everything I did to Red Devil.

These were the original wheels i wanted but they are on back order for several months. So I went with the Enkie.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Love the wheels. Are they 9" and is the offset 55 (you mentioned stock offset)? Nice fit and with 5-110 bolt pattern. What tires do you have on them? Wish I could go 20's but they would not last long around here with the plethora of killer pot holes that show up over night.
Yes, I may go with ASAP carbon wrap on the windshield and "B" rear pillar. Not sure yet.

The wheels are 5-110 bolt pattern. They have a very nice deep-dish lip to them. I think the lip is between 1.5 - 2 inches. Offset is actually 45. I thought that's what the factory wheels were? They are 20x8.5" not 9" wide. My American racing wheels were 38 offset and were 20s and had issues with the front rubbing. So this time I made sure I had plenty of room up front. I went with 245/35-ZR20 VENEZIA CRUSADE HP 95W tires. The ride is extremely smooth to my surprise. Almost feels still like stock suspension. My girlfriend said she could feel the difference between these springs and the Eibach Sportlines I had on my 2.4. It was a much rougher ride. I think the Sprint Line springs have a better, more progressive spring "wind" to them.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I'm with Topper on the winshield surround. I'm not into the "all black" thing, just not my personal preference, but getting that done and blacking out the headlamp surrounds would make it even cooler looking.

Looks good!

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
door handles

S/F I used Cobalt handles the same as ours and they come in colors . Think it was about 60.00 total . Although mine are Black you would need Silver or Gray . they were Easy to install to.

·
Registered
311 Posts

These were the original wheels i wanted but they are on back order for several months. So I went with the Enkie.
I've gotta ask who did those headlights insane!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Personally I think it'd improve the look a bit if you removed some of the emblems. Of course I've got a black and done that to mine so I'm biased. lol

·
Registered
2,539 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
DDM Works back bone, Venom front brace, ZOK4 Sway bars, R1 Cross drilled/slotted rotors with Red Stuff pads.

PHASE 2: RK Sport Body kit, Norm's Fiber Glass Hood and side Fenders.

PHASE 3: SOLO High flow cat and Dual Exhaust. K&N Typhoon CAI, DDM Works charged pipes, New intake manifold, Larger inter-cooler and ECM re-tune.

PHASE 4: Carbon Fiber dash kit, Custom HID headlights, Tinted windows.

What wheels are those on the photoshopped pic

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So - what happened to red Devil, and why did you feel the need to start again?
I've always wanted a turbo, but when they firs came out, I could not afford a bran new one. I had planned on dropping a V8 in Red Devil. But now that gas prices are so dam high, I realized I could achieve what I wanted with a GXP without having to spend all that money on a on an engine swap and a gas guzzling V8. Not to mention Red Devil was getting high up in millage. So I found a GXP with low miles and I originally wanted a black car. So here I am. I traded my 2.4 07' in for an 08' GXP with 19K miles on it and got the price i wanted. You can find red devil for sale at a dealership here in Texas on Autotrader.com

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Personally I think it'd improve the look a bit if you removed some of the emblems. Of course I've got a black and done that to mine so I'm biased. lol
I plan on doing that after i install the body kit. i have custom "Last of the brand" emblems that i like to use.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 40 Posts