Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a design for DOT legal aftermarket projector headlights. Who'd be interested in this? I also need to align with a manufacturer if anyone knows someone out there.

Also an idea for LED tail lights is in the works.

All tasteful of course. I'm not one to rice up a car as beautiful as the Solstice.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Already on it. :cool:
In a way, anyway. I've invested quite a bit into making projectors for a couple of other cars (should start selling in about 2 months) and I planned on eventually offering something for the Sol. More power to ya, though. Competition is good for the consumer!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
According to the manual the Solstice uses;
Stoplamp, Taillamp and Turn Signal 3157K
That company makes a version that will replace that socket size. You'll jsut have to measure how big it is inside to make sure you get the right width style. Since that rear light though is also a flasher, I'm not sure if you need the optional flasher control item too or not.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I'm curious. If they expand after insertion, how do you get them out to change?
They don't give that answer in their FAQ.
I know LED's shouldn't fail. But, sometimes they do.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
MI Sol said:
I'm curious. If they expand after insertion, how do you get them out to change?
They don't give that answer in their FAQ.
I know LED's shouldn't fail. But, sometimes they do.
You just pull it back through. Pulling it thorugh the hole will colapse it back down on itself. You jsut have to colapse it manually to get it in the socket itself, then it springs back out once inserted.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I remember many many months ago, those Spider lights were posted... and I really really want them...

I think someone here should take the plunge and then report back with their findings.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
We know we will need the LED flasher add-on... and we know we need 5ARM, WEDGE, A... but we don't know what size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts