Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the forum. Just got an 08' GXP Roadster, 5 speed. IN LOVE with it. I already had the windows tinted and plasti-dipped the wheels black. I plan on murdering out the car and building up the performance a bit.

I have some minor issues which I think will be resolved soon enough otherwise I'll ask here. For now I do need to get a key fob! For whatever reason the dealership didn't have key fobs for the car. I can't find any posts from recent years about DIY fob kits so any info on that would help!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
welcome to the forum

I think you need a key fob to be able to add a second one. if you don't have any then the dealer has to program them. if you purchased from a gm dealer I would get them to provide them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum

I think you need a key fob to be able to add a second one. if you don't have any then the dealer has to program them. if you purchased from a gm dealer I would get them to provide them.
I got from a used car dealer. So in order to get one, guess I should inquire about it at a GMC/Chevy/Cadillac dealer??

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Check eBay for a used one. Just need the correct number and if you already have one then you can find that number. You will then have to take to dealer to have it programmed.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I would get the dealer to supply them.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
You can teach your car a new key using a process that is well understood. To get the car to recognize a new fob, you need to have a tech 2 so you can program the BCM to recognize the new fob.
Most of the price is the labor required to get do the programming. If it were me I would go for a new fob from GM so you have a warranty and know it is new. Buying a used one from ebay you don't know how much wear it has on it before it came to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts