Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Solstice three weeks now and it's all I ever wanted. I've looked at alfa's and MG plus a few other British roadster type cars back when I was still in school to long ago now. When I started seeing the Sky and Solstices that same old feeling came back. I've had hotrods before and had a lot of fun turning bolts and breaking knuckles but the roadster still had a special spot for me. Now it was time to reach into my bag of tricks, however it was empty for so modern a car. Used to be the first thing I did when buying a car was rip the computer out and start new. Not this time! So with help of a lot of threads on here my education stated anew.

Cold air intake........check
cat back.....no prob (still thinking of true dual....:lol:......with a new valance)
Headers (whoops);) Header.....(always)
Flash the computer.......

and the big ticket item....Stage 2 or 3 turbo

But still my bag might have a few things left over.

Anybody try out a Fuel Cooler either homemade or commercial? Come to think of it that would help with detonation and the stage 3 turbo.....hhmmmm

The older Chevy's always could use a little work on the exhaust side of things, what about a higher ratio rocker for the exhaust?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy it, these are truly great cars.

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the roadster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't find any info on guys using fuel coolers. So I might rig up an old fashion coffee can and dry ice for testing before deciding on buying a better unit.

I did seeing some interesting debates on cold air intakes, whether they were worth the effort and cost. While I was doing research on coolers I found a company that makes a CO2 chilled bullet that installs anywhere along the plumbing for a CAI it might be interesting to check into that a little more.

I would still like to find a high voltage coil and yea I've read a few threads about that subject too, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts