Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,
I'm not actually new here but I have only been lurking, reading, learning and enjoying the forums up until now.

I had an '06 Solstice manual for several years and really enjoyed it. It was left stock with some repairs here and there.
Driver's side interior door handle broke the very day I bought it!
The blend door actuator was on it's last legs when I got it.
Rear window came loose at the top and was reglued.
The little flaps in the tulip panel needed repaired.
Shift knob was scuffed up probably from a former owners rings. Replaced that with one from HoosierGXP.
Headlights showed that west Texas sun had been beating on them. Polished that out.

I had some stuff I never got around to fixing.
Top was scuffed and dirty/sticky where the trunk interior rubbed on it.
Could have used a new weatherstrip right at the top of the windshield to top joint.
I had two rockchips that both cracked about 18" the very day the chip happened. Sitting in the summer sun while at work is apparently the factor. Both of those rocks were delivered at the same stretch of road. Weeks apart though. Didn't learn my lesson about leaving 10+ car lengths from a truck in front of me at the freeway off ramp!
Little bump on the nose in traffic that broke the hood emblem but no other damage!
Put about 8000 miles a year on it as a mostly daily driver. Had intentions of a supercharger, lowering it a little just for cosmetics, dressing up or replacing the top.
Real life reasons made me have to sell it last year.

That didn't last long.

After looking for a couple of months I discovered an '09 GXP with less than 4500 miles on it. Price was acceptable and condition was like new as you would expect. The only drawback is it was 1590 miles away! Buffalo, New York!
To cap up a long story I bought the car and had it transported to Texas. I have had the car since March and am really enjoying it.

Thanks for taking the time,
Jason

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
JasonK im glad to hear you picked up an 09 GXP & you couldn't do with out one . Hows the ride compared to the 06 model?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Great story... enjoy your new ride and post some pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JasonK im glad to hear you picked up an 09 GXP & you couldn't do with out one . Hows the ride compared to the 06 model?
There is a section of road that I drive on daily that has an expansion joint type of bump in it and I don't even notice it when I go over it in my wife's car. In the '06 I was always changing lanes to find that sweet spot with a minimum of disruption. It took a couple of days in the '09 to realize that I wasn't noticing it. So in that way I think the small bump harshness of the '06 is greatly reduced in the '09

1 - 6 of 6 Posts