Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went down and placed an order with a $500 deposit on a Pure Sol-Ebony cloth,Monsoon, air and Chrome.Number 27 in line at dealer-by the time my Solstice is delivered will probably be powered by a Hydrogen Fuel Cell :lol: but I'm a player now at least.Actually hoping to get it towards the end of '06 or early '07.Plan to have the dealer switch the color from Pure to Yellow on the order as soon as Yellow is available.BTW- any of those interested in a Sol in the Phoenix metro area-my dealer so far(Henry Brown Pontiac of Mesa Az.) has been great on answering questions on the process.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Welcome.

Hopefully they'll offer a yellow in next MY.

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
Welcome! Hope your wait is not too long! :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats! I'm just a little over a week into the line. But sooner than later it's.......... :willy:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Underdog64 said:
I just went down and placed an order with a $500 deposit on a Pure Sol-Ebony cloth,Monsoon, air and Chrome.Number 27 in line at dealer-by the time my Solstice is delivered will probably be powered by a Hydrogen Fuel Cell :lol: but I'm a player now at least.Actually hoping to get it towards the end of '06 or early '07.Plan to have the dealer switch the color from Pure to Yellow on the order as soon as Yellow is available.BTW- any of those interested in a Sol in the Phoenix metro area-my dealer so far(Henry Brown Pontiac of Mesa Az.) has been great on answering questions on the process.
Very good: You found a better car and bought it.........

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Underdog64 said:
Number 27 in line at dealer-by the time my Solstice is delivered will probably be powered by a Hydrogen Fuel Cell :lol:
:glol: 27th in line!!!! Whaoh!!!! If your lucky they might have a flux capacitor by then too!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Bonzo said:
:glol: 27th in line!!!! Whaoh!!!! If your lucky they might have a flux capacitor by then too!!!
:glol:

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Hey - with flux capacitor he can go "Back to the Future" and put my order in the 1stK and then it will have already been delivered :lol:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
MomsSol said:
Hey - with flux capacitor he can go "Back to the Future" and put my order in the 1stK and then it will have already been delivered :lol:
OH boy, here it comes, I hereby award you my famous

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
SSS (Seven Smile Salute)

PS: I just can't imagine being 27th in line. But good luck, my friend.

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
OH boy, here it comes, I hereby award you my famous

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
SSS (Seven Smile Salute)

PS: I just can't imagine being 27th in line. But good luck, my friend.

Hope this is a "Good Thing" - the SSS :jester:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Underdog64 said:
Congrats, I just ordered today too. Don't feel bad about 27th, I'm 49th.

I doubt I'll see an 06. Just hoping for an 07 next fall.

·
Registered
120 Posts
By the time you get yours, most of the bugs should be worked out. That is why I'm not all bent out of shape about waiting for my order that was placed at the end of June and am #5 on the waiting list at my dealer. Get the kinks out on the others and I'll enjoy the smooth, non-leaking ride. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Welcome to the wait. i have heard good things about Henry Brown. Did you get any info on allocation #'s? You may be S.O.L. on your SOL for this MY. Keep your eyes open, you may find a better place in line.....but I doubt it. My dealer is claiming 22 are waiting behind my order and I was originally 17th. That's 39 total and they have only delivered 3 so far. :(

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
MomsSol said:
Hope this is a "Good Thing" - the SSS :jester:
Oh yes, when I see something funny, I smile. If it's very funny, I post a :) . If it's really funny, I post a :) :) .

I don't do more than two unless it's SO funny I go to my funniest award, an SSS. So, you got it, that was a good one!

I also have a few other awards given out, SFS, SIaS, and SGhS.

I myself have been awarded the SSpS (7 spam salute) and the SJS (7 jester salute), so I feel quite honored! :)

jerzkid got my SFS (Seven Flag Salute) for his story on this thread, Post #1:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7798

You might also want to read his post and many other posts on the Military Thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7277

And may I suggest Post #35 at this thread for pictures of a Solstice from the railyard loading onto a carrier, on to the dealer and unloading, and finally home:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6698

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Big Time Wait Game.......For True Players!

Underdog64 said:
Wassup Player! Hope you have some Patience. You'll need it in this "Game".....Player! It's all about the Wait! :lol:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I'm # 6 at my dealer who still hasn't gotten his alocation. That might get me a January order, but more than likely I'm looking at April before my order is placed.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As Spock would say "Fascinating".

You plugged the trigger, I pulled the plug. In the same week.

If I were in the market for a Solstice at this point I would be phoning dealers to see who had one coming sooner than later.

My mid first allocation order was pushed out until next year (sometime). So a something of who knows what # second allocation doesn't sound very comforting. Bird in the hand and all that. I suspect there will be numerous cancellations in the winter states. We are already seeing that here (it was 24 F overnight).

My dealer has only received two cars of the nine in their first allocation. Maybe they will get two more by year end. That still leaves over half of their so-called first allocation.

According to Small Dealer we are supposed to be into second allocation now. If you look at the allocation cycles that that Small Dealer posts weekly, you will notice that for both Sept and Oct, the last two weeks of the month did not pick up any Solstices from dealers. That tells me that the first allocation has effectively slide, in large part, into the second allocation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
With the long wait, some early order folks are dropping out. I was able to pick up a dropped order 2 weeks ago and "take over" a car that was shipped 10/28. Hopfully, it will be here in a week or two.

I called every Pontiac dealer within 50 miles of Atlanta and gave them my name and number and asked them to call me if anyone dropped out. I got called the next day. Even better, I got the color and options I was wanting in the first place.

Try calling around and letting every dealer you can know that you're looking for a car and you might get lucky like I did. I've got a lot of admiration for the folks who have been waiting (or waited) for a looonnnnnggg time. Don't know if I could have had the same patience. The way I did it might be a viable option for some.

Hope it works out for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts