Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 3443 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,681 ·
The scan tool set showed up. Thanks to all for the information.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,682 ·
Got the new top seal installed on the bumper cover. I added several additional fasteners to keep the top cover nice and smooth so it clears the hood better as it swings open and closed. The last? step now is to address the gaps on the sides, under the headlights. They are a little wide still but I have not tuned the fit yet. Another day.

I was surprised at the cost of this seal. For a little shaped rubber with 3m tape, it cost a lot.:frown2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,683 ·
New exhaust tips for the Punisher Hauler arrived today. Hopefully will be able to fit them this weekend.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,684 ·
Took Punisher out for a top down test run. New gauges working great. Nice to be able to see oil pressure, coolant temp and voltage at the same time. Car ran great. Did a lap around the town. Very fun

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,685 ·
I drove the car for about 40 minutes and the oil temp topped out at the cooler at 180. Not enough to open the thermostat. I found that very interesting. The pressure started at 45 psi at idle cold and dropped to 30 psi at idle. at 2500 RPM it was 50 psi. Also very steady.

The new alternator is working well. At any speed above idle it holds at about 14 v indicated.

Decided to put on the covers for a while. Getting tired of having to dust the cars off every time I open the garage door. >:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,686 ·
Found some time to work on Punisher this morning. Adjusted both fenders so they fit the hood better. One had the wrong fastener and would not tighten properly. I went to the bucket and found the right one. All better now

Last fall, the right fender light quit illuminating. Pulled it apart and the 20 year LEDshad failed. Replaced with new and all better

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,687 ·
Got a few pictures of the refurbished fender lights. A little difficult to see it but they are animated so the flames appear to flicker.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,688 ·
A few pictures from this month's club dinner. 17 showed up. :party:

Typical attendance for one of our dinners.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,689 ·
Got to learn how to swap out the door inner and do another inside door handle. Tedious but not difficult

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,690 ·
Pics of replacing the inner door handle. I figured out a technique using a magnet that actually worked very well.

I popped lose the top rear plastic weld which allowed me to rotate the mount enough to slide the pivot pin out of the fixture which allows the handle to come out easily.

The challenge is getting the return spring back in place when reinserting the pin. After failing with several different pliers, I grabbed one of my super magnets. It worked great. The magnet held the spring in alignment and allowed me to push down on the spring to preload it and get the spring back in place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,691 ·
Used Night Shade to smoke the center brake light lens

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,692 ·
Got the new wheel decals from my printer. They turned out beautifully. Flames and all. LOL

They are custom printed graphics on 3M car wrap material. 5 year guarantee. They peel and stick. Once they set up, they are there until you apply heat and a lot of effort.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,693 ·
Got permission from the lovely wife to spend the day working on her car. Been sick for a week . . . sigh.

Since this is the second time I did this job it went much easier. I use 3/4 inch sheet metal screws with 1 1/2 inch washers to mount the inner to the outer vrs plastic welding.

Because she wants to banish all chrome, I took a shot at using black car stripe material to wrap the grab handle It worked pretty well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,694 ·
As the sun was high in the sky and the temp passed 75 took the Punisher out for a ride. Man that car is fun! I forgot how freaking quick it can be. Had to break briskly to merge with the freeway LOL. Hope to find time to take the wife for a ride this afternoon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,695 ·
Got to spend the day working on Punisher today. I cleaned up the front grilles. This is always a giant pain because I am anal about cleaning them up properly. I am glad I have the lift because I put the car up so I can sit down in my roll around chair while cleaning every hole. Took a couple of hours LOL.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,696 ·
I spent several hours working on the hood and front bumper. Clay bar, polish, paint perfection polish, and sealer. Took a LONG time but the end result was quite nice. I had overspray on the hood from last year when I treated the driveway. When I used the clay bar it sounded like a grinder. But it came out great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Nice setup with easy installation instructions. Compact and easy storage. Two different lifting options. This would be a good addition for my garage. With 3 different size weight lifts this company seems to have it right and reasonable pricing. Good purchase, Rob! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,699 ·
I decided to get one for a number of reasons including my "portable" lift is 800 pounds which makes it not very portable. This one will go into the back of the truck or on the trailer and travel with us to car shows or weekend events. With a generator I can use it at many car shows.

We also have 15 or more cars over for garage day and having people waiting to get on the lift is a challenge. This will help a lot with that.

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,700 ·
Got the lift assembled and ran a test with the Dragon. Worked great. The large pads worked as designed. It gets the car up high enough for oil changes etc and do tire rotations.

Attachments

2681 - 2700 of 3443 Posts