Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3194 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,021
Isnt the internet wonderful?
"Craig Bierley will be replacing Molly Peck as the new director of advertising for the Cadillac brand, General Motors has announced.

Peck will be replacing Kevin Mayer as directory of Chevrolet advertising as Bierley gets the nod to steer the Cadillac brand into the future. Bierley, who has been with GM for more than 20 years, has been the brand manager and product director for GMC, marketing director for Pontiac, and served as director for Buick GMC advertising and sales promotion.
"

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,022
Finally broke down and ordered the QuickJack for the truck. I seem to be working under it all the time and am getting tired of jacking it up, putting the big heavy stands under it . .. or bending down to clean the wheels. Now it just goes up and I can work on it sitting down!

We took the smaller one to the Nationals and used it all the time. Several people who used mine ended up buying their own! They are great and portable.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-7000ext-car-lift.html

And picking up a truck similar to mine

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,023
Got time to install the newly minted 3d printed Pontiac fender badge reproduction. Pulled the oil filler cap, sanded it, sprayed with active primer, black and clear. Then installed the painted fender badge on top of the filler cap. I like the result.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,024
Pic of the updated filler cap mounted on the right valve cover.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,025
Of course, for symmetry and just because . .. I added the same badge to the left valve cover in the same position.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,026
The shiny fuel rails now clash with the theme of the motor so they had to go.

Painted the pipes black and the tabs PunisheR red.

Got covers for the fuel hose and the cross pipe.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,027
Just noticed we are coming up on the 400,000th view of this thread. Going to have to come up with something special for the post that hits the magic number.

Any suggestions?
Punisher crew shirt?
Punisher ball cap in red or black?
What say you?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,194 Posts
No but it’s the views count. You can’t see it?

It’s at 395,700 views currently.
Sure I can see it. When Google looks at the thread to index it, it counts as a "View", just the same as when I look at it, or you look at it, or post to it.

The more active a thread, the more often Google views it.

Google will "view" the thread whenever there is activity that toggles the forum to indicate there is something "new" in the thread.

Now that the forums have moved to the Google cloud, I'd anticipate that the views will accelerate a bit, but probably not too much.

And, of course, whenever a forum user looks at the thread, the view count is incremented also.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally broke down and ordered the QuickJack for the truck. I seem to be working under it all the time and am getting tired of jacking it up, putting the big heavy stands under it . .. or bending down to clean the wheels. Now it just goes up and I can work on it sitting down!

We took the smaller one to the Nationals and used it all the time. Several people who used mine ended up buying their own! They are great and portable.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-systems/bl-7000ext-car-lift.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUc_oZKoLLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVMVVHOXJ6Y

And picking up a truck similar to mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mfzPd6_yGs
Do you us it on your kappa? If so which model is the one you have?

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,036
Went to the Gunnison car show again this year. We had ten club cars there. Lots of fun as always.

Dragon won the most votes for the restored sports car class. Punisher won the most votes for modified sports car.

Was asked not once but TWICE if they were Miatta's. Sigh.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,037
So while I was wandering around the RAM dealership waiting for the software on my PunisheR Hauler to be updated under the cruise control recall, I happened to see the new 2019 RAM trucks. They did not tempt me very much but I do like the Hemi badge on the hood.

As I looked at it, I decided that I could do that to the PH! Only make it more PUNISHER.

So I picked up a couple of stock unpainted badges and am modifying them for the PH.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,038
As most know I LOVE Adam's Polishes products. I get sales notices regularly. While perusing one a couple of months ago, I came across a "limited edition" BLUE 3.5 gallon wash bucket! So of course I had to have one. Now I have WHITE and BLUE buckets. Fun.

A couple of weeks ago I was working through yet another sales advert and came across a RED 3.5 gallon bucket. Well, Red goes well with white and blue, so I tried to order one. OUT OF STOCK! Limited edition . ..

So I went looking and found an online source for the buckets and screw on lids, same configuration as the Adam's product. I ordered the bucket labels and dirt screens from Adams and made my own red buckets!

Then I found that they make the same buckets in YELLOW! So they are on order. >:)

They come as a minimum order of five, but I am providing them to club members at my cost so that works out well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I mentioned to Skip that I thought Adam's should color code their buckets... one color for rinse, the other for suds. After you dip your wash pad in the rinse a few times, it's hard to tell which is which. I want to pick up a 5 gal next time I'm up there. I have a 3.5 for rinse and I'll use the big one for soap.

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,040 (Edited)
I can get them in Orange, yellow, blue, black, white, green, and red. Also the handles, lids and grit guards come in different colors as well- Orange, blue, yellow, white, black, blue and green.

And of course PURPLE

http
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE

3021 - 3040 of 3194 Posts