Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
What bulbs did you use? Most of the ones I have seen will only work correctly if there are some incandescent bulbs still in the circuit, so with the lights on you may be loading them a different way that messes with the balance circuitry.
FYI - in my Solstice I ONLY have LEDs, home/custom constructed, for all turn signals. I found I only needed to put in load resistors at one place per side - in my case at the front - to draw enough current for both front and rear and fool the BCM into not hyper-flashing. No filament bulbs anywhere in my car any more (well possibly bar a couple of the switch backlights :)).

·
Super Moderator
5,840 Posts
FYI - in my Solstice I ONLY have LEDs, home/custom constructed, for all turn signals. I found I only needed to put in load resistors at one place per side - in my case at the front - to draw enough current for both front and rear and fool the BCM into not hyper-flashing. No filament bulbs anywhere in my car any more (well possibly bar a couple of the switch backlights :)).
That may work for the "old" design LEDs that use external resistors, but some of the "new" LEDs have circuitry that eliminates the need for external resistors, mostly. I have not yet seen (but keep hoping to find) LEDs that can be used in all positions without resistors.

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,183
The left side has the swirl light with resistor and the new led light with built in resistance and works fine in all cases. The right side works fine with the same configuration when the lights are off. I am optimistic that it will work as desired once I get the wiring cleaned up. Will let you know. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,184
Had a fabulous weekend in Monument Valley last weekend. We drove over in the Taco, which is not a great freeway cruiser . .. the seats are not up to the task. Getting that addressed with upgraded padding!

It took 9 hours to travel from Parker to the Lodge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goulding's_Lodge

We stayed in one of their "cabins". They are actually factory built small houses. Two bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room, bathroom and a great deck with a view out front. And since the next "room" is 20 feet away, real privacy.

We had dinner and breakfast at the lodge dining room. Great experience. Beautiful views with the food. The Goulding's are almost single handedly responsible for creating Monument Valley as a destination park.
https://gouldings.com/history/
Harry was a veteran of the Great War. An Army engineer who was wounded he came home to Durango, got married to "Mike" and they made their way to Monument Valley in the early 1920s. They set up a tent and established a trading post for the locals, who were mostly Navajo. Over the years, they built a brick trading post with their small apartment on the second floor. This building is now the museum and well worth the time.
While they were still living in canvas and barely eking out a living, they read about John Ford and his plan to make western movies. They had a photographer friend take pictures of various areas in the Valley and traveled to Hollywood. They eventually got to show the pictures to John Ford who eventually used Monument Valley for many John Wayne westerns. Stage Coach, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, the Searchers . .. these movies put Monument Valley on the map and lead to it becoming a destination for thousands of happy people each year.

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,185

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,186
The view from the dining room at the Lodge was wonderful.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,187
And of course shopping!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,189
Well, it was 25 and snowing on Thursday, then bright sunshine and 70+ on Saturday. Welcome to Colorado. We took advantage of the nice day to install the roof rack on the PuinsheR support Taco. Then on Sunday I wired up the backup lights in the new Victory 4x4 rear bumper LED lights and the brake / backup LED strip mounted to the top of the bed rack. We also installed new headlights. With leds in them of course. We also taped up the wheels, cut out the holes and sprayed them PunisheR red.

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,192
So, I LOVE the picture posting ability but it likes JPEG not BMP. Soup will love this LOL

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Rob you need to go into the off country road custom business!! The truck looks awesome! Like it's ready t go off road!!! 😎

·
Super Moderator
15,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,194
Thanks. Consistent with the rule of unintended consequences I cant drive it into a parking lot at a box store without being accosted by newly minted Tacoma fans. But its all clean fun. Or some times dirty fun LOLOLOLOLOL

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts