1,030 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,207
Got the updated speedometer and tac - o - meter from Speedhut installed in the Dragon.

They look great and both are functioning. For reasons unknown the speedometer illumination is not working. It acts like they may have damaged the lighting or I damaged it when installing. Its on the same lighting circuit (fuse 28 thanks John) as the tach which works fine.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,208
I figured out the speedo. The polarity on the plug was reversed. And unlike the other gauges that light up the face while the numbers stay dark, the speedo lights up the numbers while the face stays dark. Once I put it into the dark and checked everything the numbers came up. Checked it with "the owner" aka Lovie and she said it was fine. Fine. Sigh

So I am reinstalling everything including running lighting power to all the other gauges.

I also drilled out another turbo banjo bolt to accept an oil pressure gauge.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,209
I think I may be in need of counseling. I spent four hours cleaning, polishing and ceramic coating the polished wheels on the PunisheR Support Vehicle. Sigh. They look GREAT but . . . IDK. Maybe its a bit too much.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,210
Visited the PunisheR at Community Autobody. They were doing the final prep of the hood. They have the airbrush artist identified. Should be test fitting maybe this week. Progress! Maybe it WILL get the "new" Norms GTO hood before the Nationals this year!

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,211
Some pics of the banjo bolt for the oil pressure sending unit. Using the cutting fluid made it a very easy job and preserved the bit for the next opportunity.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,212
Pictures of the Norms hood during the fitting process. I also included an "after" picture of one of Norm's hoods from his website.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,213
In process picture of the gauge install in the Dragon. The lights work! Next is replacing the existing oil pressure gauge with the Speedhut unit that matches the coolant temp and voltage gauges in the pillar pods

Attachments

3201 - 3213 of 3213 Posts