Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

3221 - 3239 of 3239 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,224
LOL
No Alex the younger gave his FATHER Ken a black eye. Alex the elder was the manager until last Friday. He quit. Could not take the drama anymore.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,227
PunisheR is still at the painters shop. What a soap opera.

Recap:
  • Got the new GTO hood from Norm just before the NASSAM in Blackhawk. Could not get it painted before the event so decided to get it done at the close of the season
  • Jeff at Chipmagic prepped the hood for paint but convinced me that he would paint the underside with electrically activated illuminated paint.
  • Jeff said he just needed a "while" to get the tecunique for the electric paint figured out then would paint the hood
  • Months went by, crickets
  • Jeff said bring the car in and he would get the new hood mounted and painted
  • crickets
  • Jeff said the hood did not fit
  • Talked with Norm and got the install procedure for Jeff and gave it to Jeff
  • Oh, yea. That will work.
  • Jeff said he got an offer to buy Chipmagic and was selling. I said get the hood done. He said he wrote it into the contract of sale
  • Alex comes in, fires half the staff, hires new people and generally makes a lot of waves but not a lot of progress
  • Alex says "not to worry we will get your hood done. Just not right now"
  • Punisher comes home, wait a YEAR while Alex drives the business into the ground.
  • Alex says bring the car in and we will get it done.
  • Four months later . . .
  • Alex goes through five different managers and about 20 body techs. Hires them, not productive enough so he fires them. All the time its HIS mismanagement.
  • Alex's dad, Ken finds out that Alex has not been making the payments to Jeff and owes $21K immediately
  • Alex and Ken have discussion. Fisticuffs result. Ken has black eye, Alex is ejected from the business. Must be tough to be kicked out of your jobs by your own father LOL.
  • Ken says he will get it done, but the painter just quit
  • Ken says it will not be a commercial shop anymore. Its going to be by appointment only restoration shop. He is a car collector.
  • Ken says not to worry he will get it done. Just cant give a specific date and wants it first class
  • I tell Ken time is up, get R done or its going home and he can refund the money
  • Ken says - not to worry, will get the color coat done this week then have his artist do the flames.
  • And the beat goes on, and on, and on
Sigh

·
Registered
7 Posts
PunisheR is still at the painters shop. What a soap opera.

Recap:
  • Got the new GTO hood from Norm just before the NASSAM in Blackhawk. Could not get it painted before the event so decided to get it done at the close of the season
  • Jeff at Chipmagic prepped the hood for paint but convinced me that he would paint the underside with electrically activated illuminated paint.
  • Jeff said he just needed a "while" to get the tecunique for the electric paint figured out then would paint the hood
  • Months went by, crickets
  • Jeff said bring the car in and he would get the new hood mounted and painted
  • crickets
  • Jeff said the hood did not fit
  • Talked with Norm and got the install procedure for Jeff and gave it to Jeff
  • Oh, yea. That will work.
  • Jeff said he got an offer to buy Chipmagic and was selling. I said get the hood done. He said he wrote it into the contract of sale
  • Alex comes in, fires half the staff, hires new people and generally makes a lot of waves but not a lot of progress
  • Alex says "not to worry we will get your hood done. Just not right now"
  • Punisher comes home, wait a YEAR while Alex drives the business into the ground.
  • Alex says bring the car in and we will get it done.
  • Four months later . . .
  • Alex goes through five different managers and about 20 body techs. Hires them, not productive enough so he fires them. All the time its HIS mismanagement.
  • Alex's dad, Ken finds out that Alex has not been making the payments to Jeff and owes $21K immediately
  • Alex and Ken have discussion. Fisticuffs result. Ken has black eye, Alex is ejected from the business. Must be tough to be kicked out of your jobs by your own father LOL.
  • Ken says he will get it done, but the painter just quit
  • Ken says it will not be a commercial shop anymore. Its going to be by appointment only restoration shop. He is a car collector.
  • Ken says not to worry he will get it done. Just cant give a specific date and wants it first class
  • I tell Ken time is up, get R done or its going home and he can refund the money
  • Ken says - not to worry, will get the color coat done this week then have his artist do the flames.
  • And the beat goes on, and on, and on
Sigh
Always fun having to rely on others
Even when you don’t chisel on price or set unrealistic deadlines. They can’t get it done. Seen more than one that would be very well off if they could get their act together. Here’s hoping for the best

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Wow, thanks for the update Rob. I'm so sorry to hear that the saga's continuing.

Did Chip actually spray cars or was he just the owner? Is it possible that he could shoot paint on it at his own garage? If he doesn't have the equipment at his place then maybe you could turn your garage into a paint shop and have him come to your place?

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,230
Jeff is not a painter. Joe is but the real issues are related to matching the paint. Turns out what makes the paint look great makes it very difficult to match. Some match the bottom layer but not the top, which are different color tones. And the latest is getting the flop correct. Which is tones and how the paint is applied.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,232
It is sanded and looks good. They fitted it once then called Norm for advice. He talked with them and gave them advice. They are getting more guys to help and going to fit it this afternoon

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,234
Friday update. Visited the car. The hood has been sanded and looks much better. Good in fact. They did a trial fitting on Thursday but did not have enough arms and legs to get it fitted correctly. The lead tech called Norm . . .and Norm answered! They had a good conversation about fitting the hood. They were going to do it again with more bodies Friday afternoon. I am hopeful that maybe next week? Maintaining positive thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
16,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,236
The shop has its own airbrush artist. Supposedly does great work.
The hood is installed and looks good. It even opens and closes

It's not striped or flamed yet but coming along

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah,Right!!
So when is the govt gonna provide all these test kits & set all these testing stations at Walmart, Target & Walgreens? When I see it, I'll believe it !
Until then, I'm….
Nervous Norvous !

·
Registered
368 Posts
I thought you were going to say the painter was going to work from Home! Sorry to hear about the drama, I don't know what it is about paint shops, when you find a good one, they usually sell it or the owner dies before you car is done.

3221 - 3239 of 3239 Posts