3281 - 3286 of 3286 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,281 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
That is tedious work but it will pay off! Did you solve the fast flash on your turn signals?

·
Super Moderator
16,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,283
not yet but I did stumble across a potential failure point. I changed the right rear socket when the factory wires got brittle. I am going to repair it and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
16,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,284
Getting closer to being done. The trunk is nearly complete. Need to make a panel to cover the battery on the driver's side. The majority of the lights are now functioning. Tails, backup, windrestrictor, wheels, trunk light, door sills, fenders, side skirts and the front bumper. Need to connect the front turns and the fog lights then declare success.

·
Registered
373 Posts
@rob the elder

You may consider this to use as a battery.

I think it would be smaller then what you have. and it comes with a "tie down" which is a metal container it slips into. The battery is shown in the tie down in the picture. For you use you would have to up it into either some ball bearing drawer sliders so you could pull it out to lift the battery out. Or you could cut the front of the box open and put a piano hinge at the bottom of it so it acts like a door. bolt on a couple of clasps to hold the door shut and you are good to go.

You could attach the circuit board you have on the top of the battery to the side of the box with a couple of stand offs that are used in computers to hold the mainboard off the metal case.

Another option for mounting would be to mount it at an angle so you could slip it out of the box.

The battery is rated at 1200CA with a peak discharge of 2600CA I believe. It is a Drycell battery and it should last at least 12 years or so being mounted in the trunk of the car. the battery retails for over 400.00 so 250.00 is a great price. I ordered mine from that amazon seller and I received the battery in 3 days.

Another cool feature is that posts and terminal clamps are optional. the bosts bolt into the battery so you can use ring ends and bolt the wires directly onto the battery. This is nice for tight places and it is what I did .

·
Super Moderator
16,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,286
The battery in the pic is the back up starter battery. It's on an isolated. The small battery I bought is on the right side of the trunk and is for the security system Thanks for the suggestion battery fails I will definitely go with domethinh smaller

3281 - 3286 of 3286 Posts