Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
3421 - 3430 of 3430 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,421 ·
Thanks for the advice. My lovely wife of 54 years is on it like a hawk. Don't do this, don't do that . . . .

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Imagine my suprise.

Got a head cold and started feeling a bit under the weather. Worked Monday then went home, took some advil and slept 10 hours. Got up Tuesday and Lovie said "take the test". So I did. And it did. Covid. Tripple vaccinated. Called the pill pusher. Paxlovid. And stay home for a week. No fun this weekend. So far, it is just like an average head cold that has sinuses going nuts and sore throat. Working from home.
Good luck, Rob. Give yourself all the rest you need. I had COVID last Thanksgiving, with fatigue and cold symptoms. Rest got me back to normal in about three weeks. Janet and I wish you well.

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
5,010 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
5,010 Posts
I will say it's not cheap to buy... But since you legally can't use your lights when the vehicle is moving doing something like this would make sense because you would be able to remove the cluster fudge of lights and wiring from the vehicle. This way you don't have another car-b-que :oops: ;).

Cool thing is that laser projector can run on batteries and will run for 3 hours I think they say. It has like a 1700.00 price tag but it can do way more then the current exterior lighting that is on the car. It can also be used for other entertainment type things. You can play video games like Tetris on the thing. Use it to decorate you house for x-mas instead of climbing up on a ladder to hand lights. Use it for a light show for Halloween. would look pretty cool with a fog machine!! (fog machine I have literally fills my house as in my whole house in < 3 minutes.)

·
Premium Member
17,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,430 ·
The backup / show battery in the trunk took a dump in its pants and went to 10 volts. Now it will not hold a charge. So I decided to as they say "go a different way". I replaced the very expensive Odyssey AGM battery with an even more expensive lithium battery. No outgassing, Half the weight and its good for 4000 deep cycles hopefully without throwing in the towel.

The "only" issue I found was it is slightly larger than the AGM and as a result needs a new mounting location in the trunk. But I made it work. Its now in there humming away happily.
Font Audio equipment Rectangle Gas Electric blue
Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Bag Trunk Vehicle door
Sleeve Automotive tire Electric blue Hood Electrical wiring

3421 - 3430 of 3430 Posts