Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
3481 - 3500 of 3542 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,481 ·
I ordered and received a flap from Alejandro last week. They are very nicely done. He has molded the factory flap and as a result both sides conform very closely with the stock flap. Numbers, lines etc are all faithfully reproduced on the bottom of the flap. The hinge holes come bare so you will need all the hinge hardware to install the flap. Colour and finish of the upper side is very good. The sides and trailing edges, which are very visible when mounted are as near perfect as is possible from a reproduction. The front edge has a slight wavey appearance on one side for a couple of inches but this will be made less noticeable by the way the forward edge fits against the tulip panel.

I highly recommend it as a replacement for unobtanium. I give it 9.8 out of 10 and would put them on my car.

His service was fast and professional. I just about had a heart attack when the PayPal $100 was translated to $21200 but then realized it was translating into foreign currency LOL. My bad.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,483 ·
They are doing a group / club price. After today I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,484 ·

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,485 ·
Ordered and received a second tracker for the Dragon. The app is very user friendly and low cost for the performance provided. Im liking it.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,486 ·
Well ITS ALIVE!
Got the AmazonSmile: Auxbeam 6 Gang Switch Panel Automatic Dimmable LED On-Off Car Switch Panel Electronic Relay System Circuit Control Box LED Touch Switch Box Universal for Truck ATV UTV Boat Marine SUV Car-Green Light : Automotive Switch installed. And the LED light battery in the trunk. Last night I got everything wired up and did some testing. The wheel lights look GREAT. Brighter than my previous set on the PunisheR. Might have to address that LOL.

Need to finish the install by placing the components in the back of the trunk but know its working fine. Have two more wheel lights to install on the front. Then the green strobe llights!

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,487 ·

·
Administrator
12,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,489 ·
Perhaps. A lot of the grid power is targeted for solar which sadly is unavailable at night. The greater the percentage of supplied power is solar, the greater the potential swing for daily cycles and weather. Maybe the off shore wind power farms will offset the dark?

·
Administrator
12,114 Posts
Perhaps. A lot of the grid power is targeted for solar which sadly is unavailable at night. The greater the percentage of supplied power is solar, the greater the potential swing for daily cycles and weather. Maybe the off shore wind power farms will offset the dark?
I see your point about a mostly-solar grid, but you did not specify a time frame. The trucks are rolling out now, while a solar grid is not exactly imminent. With the current grid, off-peak charging is a benefit. With a solar grid, off-peak charging is likely to be impossible, or at least impractical, but I do not see a solar grid in our near- or mid-term future.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
2,570 Posts
perhaps we need to have nasa and some of the others with sattelits add mirrios to the satelights so they can reflect the solar from the other side of the world so we can have solar charging 24 hours a day...... :eek: hmm I wonder if they could focus onto a few hundred solar fields and only the solar fields...and eat more holes in the bozone layer.and put a fried chicken store at each solar field to sell off the flocks of birds that get fried...just a thought. ;) sorry, it's going to be another one of those days...

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,492 ·
So we pulled the kappa alignment manual and started adjusting the trunk on the Dragon. The hinges are riveted at the rear and have a single bolt locking them in place at the front. The left side adjusted very nicely, the left side not so much. The size of the hole in the hinge was not allowing enough travel to lower the right side to line up. We ended up climbing into the trunk and drilling out the hole to allow more travel. Now its adjusted quite nicely. The PunisheR is next.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,493 ·
So here is what we found out about the trunk lid adjustment. The hinge has two attachment points. The rear one is a rivet. The manual says there are two bolts but that is not the case on either my 07 or my 08. Rear rivet, front bolt in an elongated hole to allow some adjustment. The trunk lids on both cars were raised about 3/8ths inch at the rear and generally fit well up front. When we moved the adjustment to its lowest point, the trunk lid was still 1/4 inch out at the rear.

So we (Strobe) ended up drilling out the adjustment hole to provide enough room to move the trunk down that added 1/4 inch. When we did that, the trunk lid was now moved slightly forward snd the gap at the rear was too wide. So we looked at the trunk lid mounting points and found again slotted holes that allowed some adjustment. but again it was not enough.

To move the trunk lid more to the rear will involve basically removing the trunk lid and filing out the adjustment slots to allow more movement to the rear. And the fun just continues.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,496 ·
Someone asked about how to get their automatic to unlock
I looked in the manual and its controlled by the automatic transmission shift lock system using the shift lock solenoid. Looking for that part and a diagram

Also found this video on the manual over ride for the shift lock.

(20) 07 Pontiac solstice shifter lock release - YouTube

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I need to visit the Punisher thread more frequently.

I have participated in product design/development for a handful of components on the RT1 and am doing so again on the vans. My customer is actually supplying sub-assemblies to Rivian. It's funny because during development for the RT1 it was a "full throttle - whatever it takes" approach to get it to market. With the van there was push back on component pricing. I replied to my customer with "What the hell, is Bezos trying to get some of his money back?" lol

I won't trash Rivian because they are a start up but they are tremendously understaffed in the engineering and support roles. My customer has assumed design responsibility for their assemblies because they struggled to get answers from Rivian engineers. The highly capable ones are stretched pretty thin so it's understandable.

Right now I'm being bent over because we agreed to expedited timing and we're running late. The tooling was pretty close to expected delivery but once started the resin supplier implemented a truckload minimum quantity (which would be 10 years worth of supply for us.) The colorant house tripped over their dicks and badly missed timing on the first matches and now have to start over on the replacement resin we had to switch to because of the truckload minimum on the original.

These first vans hitting the road are predominantly built with prototype components. While it's not unusual for any car maker to roll some out like this for visibility, I think it's going to be 6 months or longer for full production intent vehicles to be rolling off the line.

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,498 ·
Adjusting the bumper cover to match the trunk lid

Three bolts hold the bumper cover center mount. Used a torx socket to losen them and then you can move the mount up and down probably a 1/4 inch each way. This allows you to move the center of the bumper cover to best fit the trunk lid. Worked very easily once I figured out the socket to turn the bolts.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Table Lighting Road surface Art Gas

·
Premium Member
19,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,500 ·
Pulled the bumper over off, patched the backside to reinforce a stress crack and then put everything back together. And addressed the gaps. Not perfect yet but getting much better.
Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Brown Hood Motor vehicle Orange Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting Grille

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

3481 - 3500 of 3542 Posts