Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Painted Tails

I did not want to waste an opportunity . . . . so I got my cutting wheel out and disassembled my spare set of tail lights. Joey painted the front portion, above the lights, black with flames to match the stripes. Then he painted the rear portion Punisher red with the logo. I have one side reassembled but no pics yet.

My perliminary testing shows that the spiderlights fully illuminate the punsher logo through the red outer plastic quite nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
From some angles your paint almost looks anodized or chromed. Very cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Too Cool

I don't know Rob..this may be too cool for a Tanker:cool:. You might have to put on your Stetson and spurs before you drive this beauty... even though the 'Punisher' concept is kind of appropriate for an Armor guy!

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
From some angles your paint almost looks anodized or chromed. Very cool.
The paint changes color with the light. Bright full sun makes it look copper. Some sun turns it bright red. The high reflectivity is due to 5-7 coats of Jeffs spray on clear bra. It is so thick that you can see the depth when up close.

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dave says "soon". I know it has run successfully, they were working on cleaning up some of the wiring and he wants to do some more tuning of the sound? of the exhaust.

I am expecting Punisher will be home by the middle of May. But then he has to go back into the shop at Chipmagic to get the front end repainted and the new painted dash installed, and the newly painted windshield surround installed and . . . I am trying to get the car ready for the first big show of the season in June just before the trip to the Nationals.:grouphug:

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Of course you can have a ride. You can even have your picture taken for $5 fee LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Punisher trailer graphics

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Adam, Mr. Adam of Adam's Polishes is one of the Punisher Pontiac sponsors. He is having custom graphics made up for the trailer for each of my "sponsors" In the course of this endeavor I worked with them to come up with some custom logo's for use with the car. Here are a couple for your amusement.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ls3 pics

Pictures from Dave last week. "2-3 weeks to go" Sigh

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Loooooong . . . maybe an understatement?

Its been in and out several times. He is developing the engineering for a kit that they will market "soon". I walked with Dave on Friday and he has the motor where he likes it, back and lower than the first couple of options he tried out. He also removed the factory cast iron headers and is now using some nice tube headers.

Last input I got was he needs to do a little more wiring detective work to get the last few bits moving where they need to go, get the hydraulic lines manufactured and powercoated, and get the A/C lines manufactured and installed.

2-3 weeks LOL.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Haha man I saw autowerks put an LS3 in a coupe in 4 days at nationals. That was without a nice shop to work in out in the hot Austin weather.

21 - 40 of 3195 Posts