Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
While it is clearly not cheap, I am getting a very good price from Dave. Mine is the pathfinder for his new build product which is one of the reasons. He also gave me a significant "trade in" offer for the 2.0 motor which I no longer need or have space to store if I did retain it.

I am basically getting the install for about 80% of the market price. At least that is how I sold it to the wife

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
More fun stuff

here is my latest addition. Yes, it is the Punisher lifesized to stand next to the car when I show it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Talked with Dave yesterday. He hired a new guy who is to be the expert at doing V8 installs for DDM. As soon as he saw my car he wanted to make changes. So he pulled the motor . . . again . . . and modified the motor mounts. He has it almost back together again. Hopefully it will be running today and will come home . . . some day.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Talked with Dave yesterday. He hired a new guy who is to be the expert at doing V8 installs for DDM. As soon as he saw my car he wanted to make changes. So he pulled the motor . . . again . . . and modified the motor mounts. He has it almost back together again. Hopefully it will be running today and will come home . . . some day.
You have more patience than anyone I know!:thumbs:

Jim :cool:

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
:agree: Patience is a virtue . . . I don't have. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
LOL

I talk with Dave generally at least weekly.
He has valid reasons for the up front delay that were out of his control and I am ok with

The end product will be I am sure as close to perfection as one can get.

I signed up knowing that it was a development project so accepted the schedule risk

Dave has compensated for the schedule extension in a manner that I find more than fair. So I am not upset or angry.

Yes its taking a long time, but:
We have a "spare" so have been continuing my Kappa Life in the Green Dragon

I have been concentrating on getting the Punisher F150 and Hauler up and configured which has kept me very busy

I still have very high confidence that the end product will be worth the wait

But is is kind of like standing with your nose pressed to the candy store window for over a year, waiting . . waiting . .. salivating . . . waiting . ..

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Updated pictures and status

Dave says that the mechanical is done. They are going to test it for a day, then spend a day on the dyno. THEN hopefully they will schedule shipping You may notice that they polished the intake. Pretty pretty.:lurk:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wow!

Jim :cool:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Updated pictures and status

Dave says that the mechanical is done. They are going to test it for a day, then spend a day on the dyno. THEN hopefully they will schedule shipping You may notice that they polished the intake. Pretty pretty.:lurk:
Man, that is just.. Beautiful. Name a car that could be better than a V8 solstice.. Awesome.

I'll tell you what. I have a solstice with barely anything done to it. Doesn't what make it a fair trade? Or.. Can I just.... Have.. It? :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rob is stock hood and front end going to fit ok?

·
Super Moderator
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Yes. One of the first issues that Dave had was the motor mounts he designed and had fabbed did not allow the hood to close. Since then the motor mounts have been changed at least 2 times, and maybe 3. The end result is that there is plenty of clearance for the hood and bumper.

81 - 100 of 3195 Posts