Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 Solstice, I'll call her a fixer upper with 80k miles. My daughter is 9yrs old so I have 6yrs. to get her in perfect condition... Might need some (alot) of imput.... Scott 20200626_185238.jpg

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations! We bought an 06 a couple of years ago. It's rear window was detached, ripped seats and a few other minor issues. Easy fixes.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Congratulations. Have many miles of smiles.

Reactions: Rainbo's Dad

·
Registered
589 Posts
welcome!! wow that looks just like mine, but no kids in mine......mine are all growed up and gone far away. but I did get a dr visit on fathers day from one of them, so we took the solstice to lunch.awesome seafood lunch, almost on the beach..

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just bought an 06 Solstice, I'll call her a fixer upper with 80k miles. My daughter is 9yrs old so I have 6yrs. to get her in perfect condition... Might need some (alot) of imput.... Scott View attachment 108557
Congratulations. Just make sure you don't put a V8 in it...she'll never get her car.

My advice to you is: take extra careful care with the roof. You're not interested in replacing it. I've done several classic muscle car convertible tops. From a close look at at our roofs, and after reading about them, I'd rather install 20 1968-1972 GM A-body tops than one Kappa platform one.

Reactions: Rainbo's Dad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did have trouble putting gas in her!?! Didn't want to take it, pump kept clicking off. Took several minutes to put $5 in it? Any tricks? 20200626_185048.jpg 20200626_185038.jpg

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I did have trouble putting gas in her!?! Didn't want to take it, pump kept clicking off. Took several minutes to put $5 in it? Any tricks? View attachment 108564 View attachment 108565
Congratulations on your new ride. You might find the following thread interesting.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Congrats on your new ride... welcome to the forum! :cool:

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Here's my input. BUY THE KID A DIFFERENT CAR and keep this one for yourself! lol

Another addition to the gas fill problem. Recently a new owner noticed that the "flap" at the filler had detached. Some members here deduced that it likely is at the bottom of the fill tube where there is a second "flap" - possibly restricting the flow of fuel during filling.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I actually had the gas fill issue on both my Sol GXPs: once in 2008 with my 2007 car (threw a CEL that same day too, dealership checked it and couldn't figure it out, the next 53K miles were trouble free and once last August with my 2008 car. I moved to a different fuel pump each time, and no trouble. I had to pull the same switch with my 2012 Camaro 1SS on one occasion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts