Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I thought I saw this posted somewhere else in the forum but now I can't find it. Sorry for any duplication!

Does anyone know if leasing or smart buy will be an option on the Solstice or will it be buy only? Is this a corporate decision or a dealer decision?

Thanks,

PS

Just returned from the Detroit autoshow, I'll I can say is that pictures do not do the car justice! It is just plain stunning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to lease one. GMAC is going to start getting back into more leasing. I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to lease one.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I agree, a lease or smartbuy will likely be available. It probably won’t be nearly as good looking of a deal as it would be on a typical GM car with tons of rebates and incentives, but you should still be able to lease (or smartbuy if they don’t lease in your state. Stupid NY!).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,366 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I agree, a lease or smartbuy will likely be available. It probably won’t be nearly as good looking of a deal as it would be on a typical GM car with tons of rebates and incentives, but you should still be able to lease (or smartbuy if they don’t lease in your state. Stupid NY!).
Fformula88, I agree with you with this execption. Once we know everything there is to know about this car and the trunk, top, or other negative things become true, then I believe there is going to be incentives and rebates to move them. However maybe there are enough people that do not care about those short commings, and the entire production run will be sold out, time will tell.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Fformula88, I agree with you with this execption. Once we know everything there is to know about this car and the trunk, top, or other negative things become true, then I believe there is going to be incentives and rebates to move them. However maybe there are enough people that do not care about those short commings, and the entire production run will be sold out, time will tell.
How long do you think it will take? I agree there will eventually be some sort of rebate/incentive on the car, but I do not think it will happen very quickly. They will certainly ramp up production slowly, and initial demand is probably going to be very high. That should keep them moving without incentives for a good period of time. Maybe in the fall, heading into winter when roadster sales dry up they will have some incentives to move them. However, they will be 2006 model year cars too, so there won't be a great desire to clear inventory for the next years cars. I'd say there won't be large scale rebates until they close in on the 2007 model year car. Especially if it has a higher output engine as we suspect.

The best rebates I think we will likely see are things like GM loyalty rebates, or possibly getting a couple dealer certificates on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From all I've heard GMS pricing isn't going to be available, but I'm kind of clueless about interest rates. Does GM offer higher interest rates on high sellers vs high production slow sellers (or do they try to move the slow sellers just through rebates?)

Also, anyone know how the Smart Buy works. What happens if you don't have the $$ for the balloon payment at the end?

Thanks, Great Forum!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,366 Posts
Ff88, I think the barometer will be set by this forum, once Pontiac releases all the information about this car. Then based on the comments from you and all the other members and Guest, we should be able to tell how is going to do in the sales arena. The time frame for that, depends on Pontiac, and I am a believer they (GM/Poontiac) can not keep the lid on to much longer, or it will hurt them, remember the competition is not standing still.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Competition is a good point. Not only from the outside, but from inside too. The new Miata will be breaking cover and I am sure it will sell well initially too. Solstice will beat it to market, but will Miata’s release slow Sol sales? We’ll see. Also, you have competition from the Sky come next spring. That too could have an impact.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
first to market???

Fformula88 said:
Competition is a good point. Not only from the outside, but from inside too. The new Miata will be breaking cover and I am sure it will sell well initially too. Solstice will beat it to market, but will Miata’s release slow Sol sales? We’ll see. Also, you have competition from the Sky come next spring. That too could have an impact.
Did you all realize that the Barracuda beat the Mustang to market by TWO WHOLE WEEKS. The whole class of cars is named however for the second one out of the gate.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
achieftain said:
Did you all realize that the Barracuda beat the Mustang to market by TWO WHOLE WEEKS. The whole class of cars is named however for the second one out of the gate.
:eek Two weeks before the stang! :eek LOL :jester thats hardly enough of a difference to notice.

It didn't matter who was first in naming the segment, it mattered who had the big impact. Between 64 and 65 MY vehicles, the Mustang outsold the Cuda at a nearly 7-1 ratio (680K Mustangs to 90K Cuda's). :thumbs
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top