Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, I called 26 dealerships in MD to find a Sol. Same story everywhere, "We expect one any day now." So I left my name and number with the dealers who left a positive impression on me. Yesterday while starting a movie a I got a call from one of the dealerships. He told me TWO had just come in and they were still on the truck, Aggressive and Sly. The cars would be prepped for delivery in 90 minutes--first come first served. He still had 100 people on his call list. There was no way I was gonna wait 90 minuntes so as soon as I hung up the phone I was on my way.

Fifteen minutes later I arrive at the dealership to find the entire staff gawking at a Sly. The Aggressive was at the back of the trailer and couldn't be driven because the driver lost the keys to it! Unreal! :willy: They wanted 3K over sticker but I told them them that was too much. So they come down a G and I took the bait. A man's gotta have limits, right? It didn't bother me, the car was there, I was one of the first they called, it was optioned just the way I wanted it, I didn't want to wait, and the price was exactly the same as one I put a deposit on but may not have gotten until next year.

So even before the keys came, I told them I'd take it. We did up the paperwork and now I'm chillin in my new Aggressive Solstice I've named Candy!

Of course people showed up later looking to buy the car I now own. You snooze you loose!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Swendor said:
A few weeks ago, I called 26 dealerships in MD to find a Sol. Same story everywhere, "We expect one any day now." So I left my name and number with the dealers who left a positive impression on me. Yesterday while starting a movie a I got a call from one of the dealerships. He told me TWO had just come in and they were still on the truck, Aggressive and Sly. The cars would be prepped for delivery in 90 minutes--first come first served. He still had 100 people on his call list. There was no way I was gonna wait 90 minuntes so as soon as I hung up the phone I was on my way. ...
Where in Maryland?

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Also, Swendor, you might want to create your Signature. At the top of any page of posts, select User CP, then on the left select Edit Signature. Add in whatever you think is appropriate, such as VIN if any, color and options, etc.

We like to see the VIN in your signature, it helps us to associate who you are. Well, it helps ME to associate who you are! I'm a number cruncher (tax accountant)! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Swendor said:
A few weeks ago, I called 26 dealerships in MD to find a Sol. Same story everywhere, "We expect one any day now." So I left my name and number with the dealers who left a positive impression on me. Yesterday while starting a movie a I got a call from one of the dealerships. He told me TWO had just come in and they were still on the truck, Aggressive and Sly. The cars would be prepped for delivery in 90 minutes--first come first served. He still had 100 people on his call list. There was no way I was gonna wait 90 minuntes so as soon as I hung up the phone I was on my way.

Fifteen minutes later I arrive at the dealership to find the entire staff gawking at a Sly. The Aggressive was at the back of the trailer and couldn't be driven because the driver lost the keys to it! Unreal! :willy: They wanted 3K over sticker but I told them them that was too much. So they come down a G and I took the bait. A man's gotta have limits, right? It didn't bother me, the car was there, I was one of the first they called, it was optioned just the way I wanted it, I didn't want to wait, and the price was exactly the same as one I put a deposit on but may not have gotten until next year.

So even before the keys came, I told them I'd take it. We did up the paperwork and now I'm chillin in my new Aggressive Solstice I've named Candy!

Of course people showed up later looking to buy the car I now own. You snooze you loose!
I can say I would have done the same thing..... Congrats. Enjoy. The Aggressive is VERY hot. Custom plate? 2 Sexy; TIMING; Candy; JST4ME?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Tell them to look in the trunk. No, never mind, not enough room back there for BOTH keys!
:lol: :lol: The FOB had to ride in the passenger's seat! Good to see a little hard work (all the calling) paid off.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Welcome back, SoulMan1. We haven't seen you around for over a month. You must have about 10,000 miles on your Solstice by now, because I'm sure you've been on the road all this time unable to post! Tell us about your ride in another thread (no hijacking allowed! :) )

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Swendor said:

If you snooze tuo loose. That little nap you missed just cost you $2000 :lol:
I'll have mine in a week or so and spend $2000 on my new accessories thank you. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SolsticeEnjoying-Upper Marlboro

Had the top down today and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It's supposed to be a pretty good weekend, too. Couldn't have picked a better time to pick one of these bad boys up! I got to work today and everybody wanted to see the car. I must've given at least six rides.

That's ok, though. Gotta get past those first 500 then I'll really wring it out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Vin # ????

I know we all sound nosy but if yours arrived on a truck yesterday --it lets us know what VIN #s are shipping right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Aggressive Luck"?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vin

Well there are 6 numbers after the last letter in my VIN. Is that the number off the line? If so, it's 101077. If that's the case they seem to have picked up some serious speed at the plant.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats!

You did it right. I ordered in August. Called the dealer for an update yesterday and was told I'll be lucky if I get it by Spring. :brentil:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Swendor said:
Well there are 6 numbers after the last letter in my VIN. Is that the number off the line? If so, it's 101077. If that's the case they seem to have picked up some serious speed at the plant.
What are talking about ? 1077 was made right after the first 1000. Mine is 101178 and built 9/12, it made it out but I don't know how, had it for a month now. Looks like all you New England guy's should have your cars very shortly. By the way it looks it seems like they are fixing the older vins first.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
deluke said:
What are talking about ? 1077 was made right after the first 1000. Mine is 101178 and built 9/12, it made it out but I don't know how, had it for a month now. Looks like all you New England guy's should have your cars very shortly. By the way it looks it seems like they are fixing the older vins first.
I'm in New Hampshire deluke and I think I love you for saying that. :yesnod:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts