Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, the dealership teaches me to close the trunk from the center and to the front - ultratight when brand-new.

I forgot and slammed it from one side, using the driver's side nacelle (the Mayan Temple) and my palm put a ding in the darned thing! My car is Mean yellow, so it really shows up.

I wish that sucker was carbon fiber, so it would be dingproof. That really bummed me out! I love the Sol's light weight, but I've got cans from Libby's that are thicker than the skin on my Sol!

Haha! But you can't pry me out of this car.... Fun, fun, fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
So what can you do to keep the top in good shape If you leave it folded down all the time? I noticed some little creases and thought of putting baby powder on there, but Not any liquid leather preserver or like that. Any Ideas?

my truck got some dings on the hood i was told the dent doctor really works good cant say what the results will be, but they can get 99% of dents out pretty cheap

·
Registered
243 Posts
So what can you do to keep the top in good shape If you leave it folded down all the time? I noticed some little creases and thought of putting baby powder on there, but Not any liquid leather preserver or like that. Any Ideas?
Most important thing is to condition the top.
It's a canvas top so you wouldn't put leather conditioner on it.
I bought some "303 Fabric Guard" liquid spray for the top....you can get it online.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
It's the physics of leaving a fabric creased - it will leave creases pretty much no matter what you treat the top with. I catch myself from time to time in the summer leaving ours in the trunk. I just remember to pop the trunk and bring it up. Even if it isn't latched, it's better than leaving it folded up in the trunk. I would recommend latching it into place to keep the fabric "stretched" so it's easier to latch it up when / if you need to.

Many owners use Raggtop and 303 to clean and treat their tops. If you opt for 303, be SURE you get the fabric protectant, as they make many products for different materials.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts