Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local dealer (actually referred by a friend that bought a GTO recently) that has a blanket policy against markups over MSRP.

So I went over today. I don't know if the guy was pulling my leg or not, but he told me they just got word from GM to start taking deposits for orders this afternoon. He said he didn't understand why they were directed to do that before the official options and pricing lists came out. When I talked to them last night, they said they weren't accepting deposits until they could load orders into the system. I explained my situation to him today - that I'll be out of town on Feb 28th, so I won't be able to come in with a check on the day the system is supposed to open up; and I'm moving in July so I can't be #7 on their list if it means I'll have to take delivery after July.

Maybe they "saw me coming" because I called last night, and my buddy told the salesman about me. Regardless, I'm told that since I was the first one to give 'em a check I'll get the first car in their allocation (with the options I select, of course) for no more than MSRP. Got that "in writing" (not the first in their allocation part).

This is the first time I've ever been EXCITED to have written a $300 check (refundable, by the way... got that in print, too) and get absolutely nothing but a piece of paper in return.

I'd post the name of the dealer, but I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. That's against the rules, isn't it Solsticeman?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Congrats on getting your deposit in and getting in line! Now, let tghe string of sleepless nights in anticipation of being able to select your options begin! :lol: Congrats on finding a dealer that won't gouge either! Not an easy feat judging by stories on this forum!

·
4,592 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I'd post the name of the dealer, but I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. That's against the rules, isn't it Solsticeman?
Come on, go for it, be the first to be banned for other than deragatory language, yeeehaaa :glol:

·
Registered
504 Posts
PUT MY UNOFFICIAL ORDER WITH DOWN PAYMENT ON 9/29/04, FIRST ON THE LIST,PUT MY, ALMOST OFFICIAL, ORDER IN TUESDAY THE 15th.THE DEALER I'M GOING THROUGH DOES MSRP, NO MARKUP.
STILL NO OFFICIAL PRICES ON OPTIONS, DEALER WILL LET ME KNOW WHEN THEY ARE IN.TALKING TO THE SALESMAN HE SAID THEY ARE GETTING CALLS ON THE SOLSTICE SO THE WORDS GETTING OUT.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Satch, what did you order on your Solstice?? The options you posted, were they from an official piece of paper from GM or were they off the computer?

·
Registered
533 Posts
2KWK4U said:
.... This is the first time I've ever been EXCITED to have written a $300 check
I know the feeling having put down money on two sports cars in the past that had long order times. You're one step closer to the acquisition now.

My money will likely be put down in early March after I find a way to break the Solstice/MX-5 tie.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats 2KWK4U. I still confused over the ordering with no prices thing. Did he just mean he could accept a deposit now or actually input the order to GM?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
2KWK4U, way to go! Now, since I'm local to the Baltimore area, feel free to shoot me an e-mail or phone message with your dealer's name - I'll be sure to let him/her know who referred me! :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
2KWK4U said:
...I'd post the name of the dealer, but I don't wanna ruffle any feathers. That's against the rules, isn't it Solsticeman?
Send a PM to Troy Roberts and ask him...

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
GTOJ said:
I have the same policy here at Sewell. Congrats on the deposit. Anyone else interested let me know I have the list ready to go.
Just curious GTOJ, do you know if GM will fulfill all pre-orders you take with the first set of shipments, or is the type of thing where if you end up with 50 pre-orders but GM will only ship you 25 of those, and the following 25 have to wait till later?

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is what I am told. As I order particular cars for customers those will come to me first. The Solstice should come in quickly since the car is being built stateside and not in Australia like the GTO.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For what it's worth, GTOJ I was strongly considering going with you. My mother lives in Tyler, so I would've made a trip out of the whole thing. But now I have orders (military) to Monterey, CA, and I want to save all of my leave for the short while I'll be stationed there... no trip to Texas in my near future.

If something falls through with this guy where I can't get the car before I move, I'll probably get my deposit back go through you after all.

·
Registered
504 Posts
eatoninside said:
Satch, what did you order on your Solstice?? The options you posted, were they from an official piece of paper from GM or were they off the computer?
THE OPTIONS ARE FROM AN OFFICIAL SOLSTICE PRODUCT INFORMATION PAPER, FROM THE DEALER.I WENT WITH A CONSERVATIVE APPROACH WITH THE OPTIONS.CONVENIENCE PACKAGE, LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL,CLOTH INTERIOR,ABS, 6 CD CHANGER, MONSOON SPEAKERS,FLOOR MATS,POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS,LIQUID SILVER METALLIC.ITS A DRIVERS CAR ,THEY SAY,I INTEND TO PUT IT THROUGH A WORKOUT.ITS ALL ABOUT DRIVING POINT A TO POINT Z AND EVERY MILE INBETWEEN. :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey thanks guys for your replys. I am here to help, so if I can give me a ring and I will see what I can do. I do have a great reputation on this board and other GTO boards and I want to keep that way!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts