Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my order for my Solstice yesterday. It's black with the sand/grey leather interior, every option except for the 6-disc CD changer, XM radio, and navigation system. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

I used to race my 470 HP (nitrous fed) Camaro (NHRA then SCCA at 320 HP sans the nitrous). I sold that for a 2005 Chevy Colorado ZQ8 (which I drive now). I also race my 2000 Honda CBR in the WERA circuit. The Solstice looks like an autocrosser's dream. I can't wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Me Too!

I ordered today October 27th. This will now become a national holiday known as "Nessa's immaculate conception" This all came after the trials and tribulations of trying to get a hold on an order someone backed out on. Most of you know my story. The final verdict was Sly, Convienience, Power, LSD, A/C, ABS, and painted rims..... I'm happy with it like this because its EXACTLY how I wanted it. Nothing more, Nothing less
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,665 Posts
October 27th: day Nessa was conceived.

December 21: day Nessa is born (winter solstice 1:35 PM EST, by the way).

December 25: day Nessa is given to adopting father jerzkid.

Wouldn't that be cool?

I know, very short adoption period, but stranger things have happened.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
439 Posts
Was going to wait for the 07 turbo ,but living in NJ with our hi insurance rates.I'll be better off buying an 06 and if i still need a turbo i can go the aftermarket way.
As soon as i can get sometime off of work(working to much overtime)I will be joining you all on the long wait :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
KLECKO said:
Was going to wait for the 07 turbo ,but living in NJ with our hi insurance rates.I'll be better off buying an 06 and if i still need a turbo i can go the aftermarket way.
As soon as i can get sometime off of work(working to much overtime)I will be joining you all on the long wait :)
GEICO quoted me at 150 a month for my Sol, in NJ... That's less than the NC insurance I have on my Stratus right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
nav system

If it's On-Star, you should find out if Pontiac is putting the systems on yet. Reading around the forum, it sounded like cars with that option were being held up.

Good luck, it's going to be a great car! :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,665 Posts
jerzkid was talking about insurance.

My prior car was a 2003 Grand Prix. So my insurance has increased because I replaced the Grand Prix with the Solstice. Ouch!

I have to pay, every six months, an extra $14.00.

Ah, the benefit of being an old fogy. :)
(1 g or 2 in fogy?)

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Ah, the benefit of being an old fogy. :)
(1 g or 2 in fogy?)

.
According to dictionary.com, 1.

And alternative spellings of fogie and fogey are also acceptable.

Yes, I'm that bored.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
You have the right . .

gizmo2004 said:
jerzkid was talking about insurance.

My prior car was a 2003 Grand Prix. So my insurance has increased because I replaced the Grand Prix with the Solstice. Ouch!

I have to pay, every six months, an extra $14.00.

Ah, the benefit of being an old fogy. :)
(1 g or 2 in fogy?)

.
When you are as old as we are, you can spell fogey (sp?) anyway you want!

David
(61)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
SpeedRacer said:
I put my order for my Solstice yesterday. It's black with the sand/grey leather interior, every option except for the 6-disc CD changer, XM radio, and navigation system. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

I used to race my 470 HP (nitrous fed) Camaro (NHRA then SCCA at 320 HP sans the nitrous). I sold that for a 2005 Chevy Colorado ZQ8 (which I drive now). I also race my 2000 Honda CBR in the WERA circuit. The Solstice looks like an autocrosser's dream. I can't wait.
I ORDERED THE SAME COLOR INSIDE AND OUT EVERYTHING BUT ONSTAR AND SIX DISC . WHAT WHEELS DID YOU ORDER ? I GOT THE CHROME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
SpeedRacer said:
Yup, I got the chrome as well. It'll be a nice, nice car :cool:
Go speedracer, go speedracer, go speedracer gooooo.

BTW - speed racer's car was white.....
(1970's cartoon for the sub 30 somethings in the forum)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
jerzkid was talking about insurance.

My prior car was a 2003 Grand Prix. So my insurance has increased because I replaced the Grand Prix with the Solstice. Ouch!

I have to pay, every six months, an extra $14.00.

Ah, the benefit of being an old fogy. :)
(1 g or 2 in fogy?)

.

Two, just like GGizmo, GGizmo! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KYSol said:
Go speedracer, go speedracer, go speedracer gooooo.

BTW - speed racer's car was white.....
(1970's cartoon for the sub 30 somethings in the forum)
Oh, Speed Racer is my icon. He always got the girl, the bad guy, had an awesome car, and a monkey even followed him around.

I actually thought of getting a white one and kind of replicate the Mach 5 but I decided that you can't go wrong with black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Yea, I heard Speed Racer's girlfriend saved a lot of money on her car insurance!

.
:glol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
SpeedRacer said:
Oh, Speed Racer is my icon. He always got the girl, the bad guy, had an awesome car, and a monkey even followed him around.

I actually thought of getting a white one and kind of replicate the Mach 5 but I decided that you can't go wrong with black.
There's your custom plate "Mach 5"
I'm sure driving a solstice around you have plenty of monkey's following around (least according to other posts) :lol:
I don't know about the girls part. As I recall SR wasn't a balding, slightly overweight, middle-aged dude with glasses. :skep:

Oh well.... Got my girl and she let's me keep the mistress in the garage. :) What more can I guy ask for?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top