Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Time to Market (speed) vs. Quality...Which is More Important to You?

• Speed...give me my Solstice a little early (I'll deal with a few issues)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Quality...I'll wait as long as needed to get my Solstice right

Votes: 74 97.4%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poll-Quality vs. Early Delivery

I think we should have a poll based on those who would like to have their Solstice regardles of build issues vs. those that want a quality car and are willing to wait indefinitely (Wait until there are no build issues). I don't know how to set a poll up. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I think this was done in the past. Let me see if I can find it and resurrect the thread.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dengel said:
I think this was done in the past. Let me see if I can find it and resurrect the thread.
Okay, well I guess I'm going crazy. I couldn't find it.

I've never done a poll either. Maybe one of the mods can help.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I don't remember one of this exact nature.

spyderone, you want me to give you instructions on how to set one up or me just do it?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
mceb said:
I don't remember one of this exact nature.
So I guess the verdict is in. Its just me going crazy. :willy:

Time to get away from the forum for a little while. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The age old question...speed vs. quality.

Member spyderone suggestion for a poll on which you prefer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There's no point to me having a car if it's incomplete. Quality for sure.
People already give GM a hard enough time on quality issues as is, image how bad it would be if they were releasing unfinished cars?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quality is number 1...sure would hate to get my car and have to carry it back to dealer for warranty / quality problems...I'd still be without my Roadster and even more upset than I would have been with the delay. I'll hang in here with the rest of yall; misery loves company.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Better to get it right now than recall it later down the road. With my luck the recall would be on the first "top-down" day next spring and not get it back for awhile :willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well I need a new car and the only one I want is the Solstice so I'm in it for the long haul!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rather wait and have Quality. I'm sure GM doesn't want this car to get a bad rep right out of the block. So it will probably mean losing some sales up front with the hopes the quality bring people back. Its a shame that they couldn't plan better to have these built during the winter, find the issues and then have something ready for summer. For me these delays only mean that I get to see the Sky and maybe the GT version of this next summer and then make a decision.

Allanon

·
Registered
157 Posts
I voted quality because I believe that's what is right for GM and their reputation, but personally I would rather have speed. I have a great dealer that takes care of me (picks the car up from 30 min. away and brings me a loaner car if I want it) and truthfully I am a dork that likes to see what's new at the dealership anyway, so if there is a problem it's just another reason to visit :)

In the end though, I can wait...living in Florida, I have plenty of top down driving ahead of me (if anything, the fall/winter is sometimes actually better than the heat of the summer). Plus the longer it takes the more money I have to put down. The only thing that is killing me is that my brother just got a new loaded G35 Coupe (I tried and tried to get him into a GTO but he said there is no way he would be seen driving a Pontiac :( ) and now I really have new car fever and am SO jealous. I have been eyeing a CTS-V at the dealer with the employee pricing; maybe I'll trade my Envoy in and end up with two new cars this year--just what I need! :willy:

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

Quality first and always. GM used to just push them out the door. I went from 1965 till 2001 not buying GM because of poor quality and dealer indifference.. If its not right in the first place they might never get it right. A bad part could be replaced by a second bad part from the same supplier/batch. A bad fit requires creating a problem elsewhere to try to fix the fit. quality is worth the wait.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Quality. Not a choice really for me. I'll wait until I'm too old to drive. Then I'll still buy the Solstice and put it up in the garage. I can have my own museum! :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
quality....

i would hate to be cruising around thinking how cool i am in my new car when something falls off. imagine who people are going to say about your car if it looks cool, but breaks constantly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts