Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the smoker's package (not for smoking though) but had a few questions.

Where are the three (?) cupholders located and where is the one that gets swapped out for the ashtray in the smoker's package? (I think I saw one cupholder located at the passenger's left knee, but don't see where the driver's is positioned.)

Do you still get a power (cigarette lighter) outlet if you don't get the smoker's pkg?

If so, do you get an extra outlet (for the cigarette lighter) with the smoker's pkg?

I'm tempted to get it because I think I'd find an ashtray more useful as an extra cubby than having a third cupholder, but I'm not sure. However, if you also get an extra power outlet, I would definitely prefer it.

Oh well, I know it's a really minor question, but I'd appreciate the info if anybody knows for sure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I believe that the smoker's package includes an ashtray and lighter. The ashtray will be incorporated with the cupholders located between the passenger and driver (at about elbow level). From my understanding, the package will include an adapter so that the cupholders can also hold the ashtray in addition to 2 cups.

If you don't take the package, you should still get the outlet, but will probably have a cover insterad of a lighter in it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luc said:
The ashtray will be incorporated with the cupholders located between the passenger and driver (at about elbow level). From my understanding, the package will include an adapter so that the cupholders can also hold the ashtray in addition to 2 cups.
Hmmm ... I was under the impression that you would have 3 cupholders in a normal Sol but one would be replaced with an ashtray in the smoker's pkg. That's why the one by the passenger's knee (see link) came to mind. I didn't realize where the other two were located before (thanks for the pic Aztek), That would seem like a very windy place for an ashtray. Oh well, it doesn't appear to give you an extra power outlet as something I read had implied, so I'll probably pass on it anyway.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
More then likely it's exactly like the smokers package that came with my ZX2. You get the cig lighter and a ash tray that fits into a cup holder. It's a thick/solid plastic small cup with a hinged lid. If you get the smokers package I don't think anyhitng will be physically modified on the car, you'll just get the two items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts