Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really haven't paid much attention to this since I've been on the forum but I am just curious. What is so important about the first 1000 cars, did they receive a special plaque, commemorative jacket, special papers, or what? I see some people have it in the signature and for some reason I am just now noticing that people are drawing attention to it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
First 1000 dash plaque, several different GM gifts received (high-quality photos album, t-shirts, hats, first 1000 diecast, etc. Otherwise, they are identical to the rest of the 06s. Basically, the 1st 1000 was a successful promotional gimmick to generate interest for the car.

DaveOC is one of the forums most knowledgable forum members and created this thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/first-1000-other-stuff-67028/

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
From what I know and talking to some owners they received a Hard Bound Book/ Hat/T shirt/Key chain/Poster/DVD/Certificate of Authenticity/1/18 scale car (I have one)/a couple of thank you letters from GM/and a plaque on the dash with the build number on it # x of 1000 .

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,617 Posts
First 1000 dash plaque, several different GM gifts received (high-quality photos album, t-shirts, hats, first 1000 diecast, etc. Otherwise, they are identical to the rest of the 06s. Basically, the 1st 1000 was a successful promotional gimmick to generate interest for the car.

DaveOC is one of the forums most knowledgable forum members and created this thread:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/first-1000-other-stuff-67028/
Thanks for saving me the work of finding and reposting that thread. :dthumbs:

I think that it took a lot longer to get that first 1000 cars into production than Pontiac anticipated. So they had this 1000 future owners with confirmed orders on file, and most of these "gifts" were in the nature of "be patient, we're working on getting your special car built to your expectations, so while you are waiting, enjoy this special gift" type of thing. I ordered mine of 4/15/2005 and got it delivered on 10/3/2005, almost 6 months!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,617 Posts
From what I know and talking to some owners they received a Hard Bound Book/ Hat/T shirt/Key chain/Poster/DVD/Certificate of Authenticity/1/18 scale car (I have one)/a couple of thank you letters from GM/and a plaque on the dash with the build number on it # x of 1000 .
The dash badge/plaque did not have the build number on it, just a subtle "first 1000".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Let's not forget the early ordering program that began on April 15, 2005, which was so popular that the system crashed within 30 minutes or so.

I was a 1st 1000 but got dumped out due to the infamous 0-Zip software glitch, even though my time stamp was within the parameters of the rules.

The Solstice was also launched on "The Apprentice" and a corresponding CD marketing brochure could be had at certain dealerships. They were fun and heady times for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.