Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can post a reply ASAP I would be grateful. I ordered my Solstice March 29th. Still no delivery of my car, however dealer just received a similar car for the dealership and is holding for me till today. Same colour but has black interior instead of two-tone and a different radio configuration. Dealer says my ordered car will be another 6 to 9 weeks.
Do I wait or buy a slightly different vehicle?
Just want to know what the order/deliverytime waits were for you Ontario buyers. I'm thinking I'll take the car he has now but will be upset if my ordered car arrives next week and goes to someone else. Any one get a two-tone interior delivered lately? :willy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would take the car but then again i like black leather interior

·
Registered
65 Posts
jooker said:
Still no delivery of my car, however dealer just received a similar car for the dealership and is holding for me till today. Same colour but has black interior instead of two-tone and a different radio configuration.
I was given the exact same choice. Ordered sly with 2 tone leather and dealer offered me sly with black leather.
I opted to wait for mine since I do not like the black with the sly. It is a question of taste. Look at it and compare to pictures with 2 tone leather.

Good luck with your decision. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
jooker said:
If anyone can post a reply ASAP I would be grateful. I ordered my Solstice March 29th. Still no delivery of my car, however dealer just received a similar car for the dealership and is holding for me till today. Same colour but has black interior instead of two-tone and a different radio configuration. Dealer says my ordered car will be another 6 to 9 weeks.
Just want to know what the order/deliverytime waits were for you Ontario buyers. I'm thinking I'll take the car he has now but will be upset if my ordered car arrives next week and goes to someone else. Any one get a two-tone interior delivered lately? :willy:
Just get it :) You'll love the 2-tone even if it's not what you originally wanted.

·
Registered
572 Posts
jooker said:
Hey Jooker I was in the same situation and I took the ebony interior and I'm glad I did because it just looks great with the Sly. The ebony is not really black but more a charcoal colour which looks great together.
Go for it , You won't regret it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Availability

jooker said:
More evidence there are cars available to purchase if you look around.
I would take it. The 6 to 9 weeks have a tendency to turn into 9 to 15 weeks and it will be winter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel like such a rookie here, but what colour is Sly? Is it the dark silver or light silver?

Good to know that there are sols avalible. But I think I've made up my mind to get it next summer.

BTW I'd wait depending on how long you want to keep it. If it's a 3 year lease and you're going to upgrade to the SS (Turbo version) later then go for it now. If you're going to keep this car forever and bequeth it to your heirs then wait. It's better to wait 9-15 months for a car you'll keep for a long time.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Airborne said:
I feel like such a rookie here, but what colour is Sly? Is it the dark silver or light silver?

Good to know that there are sols avalible. But I think I've made up my mind to get it next summer.

BTW I'd wait depending on how long you want to keep it. If it's a 3 year lease and you're going to upgrade to the SS (Turbo version) later then go for it now. If you're going to keep this car forever and bequeth it to your heirs then wait. It's better to wait 9-15 months for a car you'll keep for a long time.
SLY is the dark silver, cool is the light. You've waited this long, I would wait and get the car you really want. There is Sols at most Ontario dealers either in stock or due shortly. Just call around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought it!

Thanks to all who replied to my question. I decided to buy the car on the lot instead of waiting for my custom build. Drove it home the same day and took my wife for a great ride through the Ontario countryside today.
For your information -car is sly (stone grey) with ebony leather interior. Enough contrast in the stitching and interior trim colours to contrast nicely.
Has all options except OnStar. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts