Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the older wiser ones...I'm 21 and dont graduate until May however I want to be driving my Sol in May. Does anyone know if the cars will be available and totally out on the lots by then? If not I am contemplating ordering one now for a hopeful delivery by then. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I would order. I wouldn't expect to see many on the lots this MY.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure about the car but...

Enjoy the $hit out of the remaining time you have at college!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Definitely, definitely, definitely (did you get that?) definitely place your order NOW!!! With almost 100% of first four month allocation spoken for and waiting lists for second allocation I would suggest finding a dealer you are comfortable with and place your order. Even if you don't spec it out until closer to when it would get picked up. That way you have a chance to avoid any constraints. With this product release, the earlier the better. What if it comes in too early for you? Someone down the dealer's list will surely trade positions with you. It would be no skin off the dealer at that point.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent looked into yet but what kin dof money are dealers lookin for us to put down?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Order now, drive next May ;)

Money down is flexible, try to talk them into $500 since it's long-term wait.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
And make sure the receipt shows deposit as refundable and ask for a written guarantee of top price as MSRP (if first dealer won't agree to these terms keep looking)

Now that this group has chimed in its time for the REAL older/wiser crowd.

·
4,592 Posts
I had asked this question a ways back, and the answer was we would see them in spring. Are we telling him there won't be any, or if you want to guarantee it, order now? I believe they will be on lots, but not everywhere, and not in great numbers, thus it is a matter of where he lives, and how important it is for him to have one.

But don't listen to me, I only come around here but once a month or so :lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: I'm from NJ and I have to have one to drive around the city and pick up "whitebroads" lol...I'll have a new job a new car and a new brunette, I dont need anything else

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
anticd70 said:
:lol: I'm from NJ and I have to have one to drive around the city and pick up "whitebroads" lol...I'll have a new job a new car and a new brunette, I dont need anything else
Hey -- wheres the white women at? :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
anticd70,

If you'll have no problem keeping up with the vehicle from a finacial standpoint once it's delivered, then I say order now! I don't think you will regret it.

As stated earlier, have fun in college while you can, and enjoy the car and the brunette ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill enjoy the car but still havent found the brunette yet :lol: slowly but surely

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...absolutely!

Here is the definitive answer to your question: Nobody really knows nothing. It's all a crap shoot.
:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
anticd70 said:
i'm in NY and have serious misgivings about getting the solstice even though i dont seem to be able to steer away from it...i am obsessed and will get it. my brother has a miata and says it cannot, willnot, cannot drive in the snow. in fact, it cant drive with a sprinkle of rain on the ground. apparently the rear-wheel drive of these cars is only good if the weather is what you find in los angeles. i would agree to just not drive it when it snows, but how about not even being able to drive out of a parking spot?! i am sure, as i said, that its a terrible mistake, but i refuse to not have a car this hot just because i live in NY.

anyone want to play :devil: and make sure i dont waste my money? ...i am not financially a man of leisure, but a man of art. i love to drive, and well....she's just so damn pretty.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RichSol said:
Here is the definitive answer to your question: Nobody really knows nothing. It's all a crap shoot.
RichSol, the SoCal sun-dried cynic. ;) Order now 'cause if there are unsold units on a dealer's lot in May (of all months), you can be sure they'll be taking sealed bids on them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
... hope not

Breeze said:
RichSol, the SoCal sun-dried cynic. ;) Order now 'cause if there are unsold units on a dealer's lot in May (of all months), you can be sure they'll be taking sealed bids on them.
Don't think I am. I know eventually my Sol will arrive. My opinion that nobody knows is based on too much time spent reading these threads. It's all good tho.

cyn·ic (sĭn'ĭk) pronunciation
n.

1. A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness.
2. A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative.
3. Cynic A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Very appropriate signature, RichSol - you would't mind if I appropriated it? :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
the only.....

anticd70 said:
white broads you'll pick up are the fat ugly bitches that fall for that weak bull**** you're spoutin

·
Registered
7 Posts
RichSol said:
Don't think I am. I know eventually my Sol will arrive. My opinion that nobody knows is based on too much time spent reading these threads. It's all good tho.

cyn·ic (sĭn'ĭk) pronunciation
n.

1. A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness.
2. A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative.
3. Cynic A member of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who believed virtue to be the only good and self-control to be the only means of achieving virtue.
please.....don't do that to yourself

·
Registered
23 Posts
My miata drives fine in the rain. Zero problems. Haven't driven it in the snow yet because I got it while in college and had the luxury of not having to drive if I didn't want to. My solstice ETA is november, so the miata might get a little snow action. Having driven plenty of RWD cars in snow and ice before, I can tell you that all you have to do is go slow. Yes, RWD cars suck in the winter weather, but if you drive slow you won't have any problems. It's amazing how safely you can drive through snow and ice when you have zero confidence in your car. :) It's usually the over-confident SUV drivers that end up in the ditch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts